HTC is an excellent mobile manufacturer, but it seems that the company was stumbling for the past few years. However, they did manage to get back in the competition because of their latest flagships. These mobiles offer solid battery life, unique features, attractive design, impressive camera, and top of the line specifications.
Also, to add an extra layer of security, most of the new HTC flagships come with water and dust resistance facility. All the above-mentioned features and much more are incorporated in HTC U11. If you are looking for a smartphone that has everything to offer, we suggest you get your hands on this amazing piece of technology.
You may also read: How to fix connectivity issues in HTC U11
There is no doubt that HTC U11 is an outstanding phone, but like any other smartphone, U11 also has problems. There are a number of issues that are being repeatedly reported by users. In this article, we are going to discuss How to Wipe Cache Partition, Boot into Safe Mode and enabling Soft Reset and Hard Reset on HTC U11. So let’s get started.
- Make sure that you have created a backup of everything important before you proceed to hard reset.
- To do so, go to Setting, from there you need to tap on Backup & Reset.
- After that search for Factory Data Reset and tap on it.
- If you plan to save the content present on your SD card, you need to de-select the Erase SD card option before you proceed.
- Then tap Reset Phone and lastly select OK.
Hard Reset- Hardware Buttons
- Switch off your device.
- Turn it back on by pressing and holding the volume down key along with the power button. Keep pressing until the phone vibrates, then you need to let go of the power button, but keep pressing the volume down button till you see a screen with blue and red text.
- To navigate, you should use the volume up and volume down button and select you need to use the power button.
- When another screen appears, navigate to the boot to recovery mode and use the power to a button to select.
- To clean option tap on the Wipe data/Factory Reset option.
- To delete all the users, Select Yes to confirm the whole operation.
- Once the deletion is completed, reboot the system.
- You can do that by going to Setting, from there to Backup and Reset and lastly tap on the Reset Phone option.
- Before performing a factory reset, make sure you have backed up everything you need. Reason being factory reset will remove all the data on your phone.
- In case the display of your U11 is off, to turn it on, you have to press the power button.
- While pressing and holding the power button, you need to tap on the restart option.
- If your device refuses to respond. You then have to press and hold the power button along with the volume down key till the phone vibrates. Then let go of the power buttons. You might have to press and hold the button for about 15 seconds.
Boot into Safe Mode
- If your phone is on, you need to press and hold the power button.
- A menu will pop-up, then press and hold the Power off option.
- After that, you will see the Reboot to Safe Mode and tap on it. You will then have to tap on Ok to proceed.
- Restart your phone back in the normal mode.
- You can use the hardware button to boot in the safe mode. If your phone is off, you need to press and hold the power button to turn it back on.
- Once you see the HTC logo on the screen, press and hold the volume down button. This will make the Safe Mode option appear at the bottom of the screen, to enter this mode, simply press on it.
Wipe Cache Partition
- You would have to follow the first 4 steps in the factory Reset Section.
- Once done, then navigate to Recovery mode. Then to Wipe Cache Partition and use the power button to select this option
You may also read: How to fix headphone jack not working issue in HTC U11