The owners of Sony Xperia Z5 Premium smartphone are, now, able to update their devices to the latest Android 7.1.2 Kryptonian Nougat custom firmware which is a very stable ROM. The main requirement is that your device should be rooted with a custom recovery installed on it.
The custom recovery requirement is due to the fact that this custom ROM is not officially released by the Sony company for the Xperia Z5 Premium.
You may also read: How to update HTC U11 with SuperSU on Android 7.1 Nougat Firmware
- 1- Make sure you fully backup your data on your . As this update will wipe all your data from your device.
- 2- Download Sony USB Drivers
- 3- Make sure you device has a custom recovery installed.
- 4- Your device’s bootloader has to be unlocked.
- 5- Dalvik Cache wipe is helpful for performing from the recovery mode.
- 6- You also have to have ADB and Fastboot downloaded on your personal computer.
- This update will delete all your data so make sure to back up.
- AndroidiOSpack will not be held responsible if something goes wrong with your device during or after the update.
You may also read: Android smartphones getting the latest Android 8.0 Oreo; a complete list
How to update Xperia Z5 Premium to Android 7.1.2 Kryptonian Nougat ROM:
Step 1- First of all download the above mentioned file in essential download on to your personal computer.
Step 2- Extract zipped ROM file titled boot.img and save it separately on your personal computer.
Step 3- Connect your device with your personal computer using a USB cable.
Step 4- Copy paste the file you downloaded in first step onto your device’s SD card and not in any of your device’s folder.
Step 5- Copy the file you extracted in 2nd step titled boot.img and paste it into directory of android-sdk-windows\platform-tools.
Step 6-Turn your mobile off.
Step 7- Next press and hold onto the Volume up button for enabling Bootloader mode which will turn your phone screen blue when enabled.
Step 8- Locate the directory of android-sdk-windows\platform-tools in your desktop and press Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt in which you should type ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ and press Enter.
Step 9- Next type this command and press Enter again. ‘fastboot reboot’.
Step 10- Lastly you should long press the Volume up/down key until the phone’s screen turns a color other than blue for entering into Recovery mode.
That’s about it. You have downloaded Android 7.1.2 Kryptonian Nougat ROM onto your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium device.