Looking for a way to update your Xiaomi Mi 5 to the latest Android, you have come to the right place. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to update your Mi 5 to Android 7.1.2 OctOS Nougat. The new Android comes with numerous changes, enhanced features, and better security patches. Things that you can customize using the latest Android 7.1.2 OctOS Nougat include quick tile settings, status notifications settings, DPI settings, screen record and much more.
An important thing to remember here is that when you will update your phone to Android 7.1.2, you are bound to lose all your data. Your phone will become like a brand-new phone. Therefore, before you actually start the installation process, it is imperative that you make a backup of your entire data.
ROM Details of Android 7.1.2 OctOS Nougat:
Below we have highlighted the top features of Android 7.1.2 OctOS Nougat ROM
- Screen record
- DUI (fling, pulse, smartbar)
- Volume button wake
- Volume button playback control
- Quick tile settings
- Status bar notification settings
- Status bar network traffic indicator
- Status bar time and date options
- DPI settings
- Screen record
- Power menu options
- Pixel Launcher Included
- Tentacles settings and much more
There are a number of things that you need to download and install on your computer before you get down to the installation process.
- Start with creating a backup of your data, as you will be losing everyone after the update is completed.
- To avoid getting stuck in bootloops, you need to unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure that the USB debugging mode of your phone is enabled.
- It is imperative that you have download USB Drivers of Xiaomi Mi 5 on your PC. Ensure that these drivers are up to date and they are properly installed.
- This tutorial is only for updating your Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.1.2 OctOS ROM. We recommend that you do not try this for any other phones.
- It is important that you have a custom recovery installed on your phone, else you will run into problems while installing OctOS ROM.
- The battery of your phone should be more than 80 to 85 percent.
- Lastly, don’t forget to perform Dalvik Cache wipe when you enter the recovery mode during the installation process.
You may also read: How to download and install Nougat 7.0 B133 update on Huawei P10+
Complete Instructions How to Update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.1.2 OctOS Nougat Custom ROM
Step 1: Start with downloading the Android 7.1.2 OctOS ROM on your computer. This ROM should be specifically for Xiaomi Mi 5.
Step 2: You then need to mount your phone’s memory onto your computer and to do so, you need to connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy the file that you downloaded in the first and paste it onto your phone’s memory. Make sure that you directly paste this file on the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4: Switch off your phone and turn it back on and enter the recovery mode. To enter this mode, you need to press and hold the Power buttons along with Volume Down button.
Step 5: Once you enter the recovery mode, you then have to perform full data wipe. To do this, simply swipe the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option.
Step 6: Once this is done, you need to head back to the main menu. Then you have to select the zip file that you copied in step 3 from the Install menu, flash that file.
Step 7: You then will be required to confirm the installation process, do that.
You may also read: Download & Install Flyme 6 OS for Xiaomi Mobiles
Step 8: Reboot your phone by selecting “Reboot System button” That is it, your phone will now be rebooted, and it might take some time. But once, it restarts, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android on your phone.