Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G930F with Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware. AOKP ROM was our favorite some time back, it came with numerous features and versatility. It’s several customization options such as wallpaper selector, theme choose makes it the best ROM. It is perfect if you want to look for a completely new look for your phone.
Every theme will transform your phone into something different and unique. We are sure you would enjoy using every one of these themes. AOKP ROM gives a complete android feel and in this article, we will show you how to install Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware onto your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge version G930F.
You may also read: List of Samsung devices proposed to get Android 8.0 Oreo
- USB Drivers: Download and install the latest Samsung USB drivers.
- Backup: It is important that you have backed up your data because you will lose all your data at end of installing AOPK ROM on Samsung S7 Edge.
- Custom Recovery: To install AOKP ROM on your phone it is imperative that you have a custom recovery installed.
- Rooted Phone: Ensure that your phone is rooted.
- Clean your cache by performing Dalvik Cache wipe before you enter the recovery mode.
- Since the tutorial is for Galaxy S7 Edge, we suggest you do not try it on other variants of Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Step 2- To mount your S7 Edge memory onto the computer, you need to connect it to the PC via USB cable.
Step 3- You need to paste the Andriod 7.1.1 AOKM ROM zip file and GAPPS to your S7 Edge memory. You can place it either on the internal memory or the SD card. But make sure that it is placed directly in the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4- Switch off your phone and disconnect it.
Step 5- Turn it back on and enter the recovery mode. To do so, you need to press and hold the Power button along with the Volume Down button.
Step 6- In the recovery mode, you have to wipe all your data. Swipe the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option.
Step 7- Return to main menu and tap on Install button. Select the file that you copy pasted from your computer.
Step 8- Confirm installation. If you get into any boot loops you need to tap on the “Wipe Cache” button.
Step 9- Now reboot your phone via the “Reboot System” button. The process might take about 5 minutes and then you are good to go.
That’s it. You are done with updating your Galaxy S7 Edge G930F with Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware. Enjoy the latest features on your S7 Edge.
You may also read: How to Use and Setup Google’s new Backup and Sync Tool