Samsung has just released the official firmware update of it’s last year released smartphone Galaxy A8 (2016). KSU1BQH1 Android 7.0 Nougat is out to download for Galaxy A8 users. The update comes with plenty of bug fixes and new features. The mobile stability and performance has been enhanced as well in the latest update by Samsung.
KSU1BQH1 Android 7.0 Nougat which is rolled out via OTA (Over The Air) is one of the most exciting update for A8 since its released. Along with many bug fixes, it comes with plenty of new and improved features. It comes with improved UX and improved doze, also the split multi screen tasking feature is also included. The notification shade has been redesigned for this latest update along with doze battery save mode.
You may also read: Update Samsung Galaxy A3 to DXU1BQG5 Android 7.0 Nougat using Odin
So without making you any further wait, let’s get you straight into the tutorial for how to download this exciting new update to your Samsung Galaxy A8(2016). But before you go into the installation process, let’s have a look at some of the prerequisites you might need.
- The first thing that you need to do is download and install the USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) on your computer. Ensure that these drivers are properly installed and are up to date.
- Another important thing to do is to make a backup of your data. There is a possibility that you might end up losing all your data the installation process
- If you face any problem in connecting your phone to your PC, it is because the USB Debugging mode on your phone is disabled. Please make sure that you have enabled that.
- Your device should have a minimum battery of 80-85 percent.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for the above-mentioned model number of Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) please do not try it on other phones or even on other variants of Samsung devices.
Complete instructions on How to update Galaxy A8(2016) to KSU1BQH1 Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is download the Android 7.0 A810SKSU1BQH1 for Galaxy A8 (2016) file on your computer and then extract the file anywhere you like.
Step 2: Next, you need to download and install Odin on your computer. This is an important software as it will help you install Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016).
Step 3: Turn your phone off, and turn it back on but this time, it should be in the recovery mode. To do this, you would have to press and hold the Home buttons along with the volume down button. Also, press the power button until you are able to see a warning sign on the screen. To confirm that you want to proceed in the download mode, press the volume up button.
Step 4: Launch Odin, and then connect your PC to your phone via USB cable.
Step 5: If the phone is successfully connected, you will see the ID: COM boxes turning yellow along with a COM port number.
Step 6: Choose the files that you plan to flash on your phone. You can find them in the extracted files.
Step 7: To Select AP, click on AP named Folder. Likewise, for MODEM, click on the folder CSC, for .pit file select folder PIT and for BL file open the folder BL. The name of the files might change, but their functionality remains the same. So,
- PDA = AP
- Boot Loader = BL
- Modem = CP
Step 8: If you haven’t already enabled the Auto Reboot and F-Reset times option in Odin, you need to do it now.
Step 9: Now click on start in Odin to instigate the rooting process. This might take a couple of minutes.
Once the process is completed, your phone will restart and you can unplug it from your computer. That is all, you are done now.