The latest custom firmware for OnePlus, Android 7.1.2 Candy 7 Nougat, is something to behold. The new firmware is fast and efficient. Since OnePlus One does not come with the latest Android 7.1.2, so there is only one way to get your device updated. You need to install a custom firmware on your OnePlus One. It is not a completion, but having a custom recovery and a rooted phone is better as a custom recovery will be needed for installing the latest Android 7.1.2 on your phone. Reason being, it is not an official firmware update.
There are a number of things that you need to do, download and install before you start with the actual process of installing Custom ROM on your phone.
You may also read: How to update Android 7.1.2 NitrogenOS Nougat Custom Firmware on OnePlus One
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the USB drivers of OnePlus One on your computer.
- Do not forget to enable the USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked. If it is not, you might run into boot loops during the installation process.
- Another important thing is to make a backup of your data. If something goes wrong or you might have to wipe your data, you should have a backup. We understand you would not want to lose everything. So, backup your data someplace safe.
- Your OnePlus should be charged, it should have a minimum battery of 80-85%.
- Most of these tutorials are for factory unlocked phones, we recommend that you do not try this tutorial if your phone is carrier locked.
- Having a Custom Recovery installed on your phone is a big Plus.
- When you enter the recovery mode during the installation process, you should perform the Dalvik cache wipe.
Below we have provided the complete instructions on how to Install Android 7.1.2 Candy 7 Nougat on your OnePlus One. If you already know how to install a custom ROM, we are sure this is not going to be different for you. But if this is the first time you are trying to install, you should read each and every instruction carefully before starting with the installation process.
You may also read: How to Install XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy A3
- Starting with downloading Google Apps and Android 7.1.2 Candy 7 ROM on your computer.
- Then connect your Phone to your PC so that you can mount the memory of your Phone. Make sure that you use an original USB cable to make this connection.
- Copy the files that you downloaded in step 1 and paste them in the internal or external memory of the phone. The important thing to remember here is that these files should be directly placed in the memory and not in any folder.
- Switch your phone off and disconnect if from the PC.
- Turn it back on and get into the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power button plus the Volume Down key.
- Once there, you need to do a complete data wipe by tapping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option.
- Done! Head back to the main menu and then look for install button. Tap on it and from the list, you need to select the zip file that you copied in step 3.
- Swipe the Swipe to confirm Flash option and the process will start.
- Now to install the Google Apps zip file by repeating Step 7 and 8.
- In case you get into any boot loops you need to perform the Dalvik cache swipe.
- Reboot your phone via Reboot System button. This might take a couple of minutes. After that, you are good to know. You now have Android 7.1.2 Candy 7 Nougat on your OnePlus One.
You may also read: Different ways of entering recovery mode of Huawei Mate 9