HTC One (M9) has recently received the latest Android 7.1.2 AIM custom ROM and it is full of energy and zeal for the HTC owners since it’s features are superb. The update has been released via OTA meaning that all the users around the globe won’t be able to receive the update for their said devices so they would need to have custom recovery installed on their phones.
There are a few requirements though before you can get started on installing the latest AIM ROM and after you meet them, you are good to go.
- 1- Make sure you fully backup your data on your . As this update will wipe all your data from your device.
- 2- Download Sony USB Drivers
- 3- Make sure you device has a custom recovery installed.
- 4- Your device’s bootloader has to be unlocked.
- 5- Dalvik Cache wipe is helpful for performing from the recovery mode.
- 6- You also have to have ADB and Fastboot downloaded on your personal computer.
- This update will delete all your data so make sure to back up.
- AndroidiOSpack will not be held responsible if something goes wrong with your device during or after the update.
You may also read: Android smartphones getting the latest Android 8.0 Oreo; a complete list
How to update HTC One(M9) to Android 7.1.2 AIM ROM:
Step 1- First of all download the above mentioned file in essential download on to your personal computer.
Step 2- Extract zipped ROM file titled boot.img and save it separately on your personal computer.
Step 3- Connect your device with your personal computer using a USB cable.
Step 4- Copy paste the file you downloaded in first step onto your device’s SD card and not in any of your device’s folder.
Step 5- Copy the file you extracted in 2nd step titled boot.img and paste it into directory of android-sdk-windows\platform-tools.
Step 6-Turn your mobile off.
Step 7- Next press and hold onto the Volume up button for enabling Bootloader mode which will turn your phone screen blue when enabled.
Step 8- Locate the directory of android-sdk-windows\platform-tools in your desktop and press Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt in which you should type ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ and press Enter.
Step 9- Next type this command and press Enter again. ‘fastboot reboot’.
Step 10- Lastly you should long press the Volume up/down key until the phone’s screen turns a color other than blue for entering into Recovery mode and select ‘wipe’ and then ‘swipe to factory reset’option at the bottom.
Step 11- Next you have to go back to the menu and select ‘install’ and it will show you the zip file which you must select for the installation to commence.
Step 12- Lastly select the ‘Reboot system’ button.
That’s about it. You have downloaded Android 7.1.2 AIM Nougat ROM onto your HTC One(M9).