The Samsung Galaxy S6 users were pretty disappointed to know that Samsung has not yet introduced the latest Android update for their phones, but they don’t have to worry. As there is a way through which you can update your S6 to the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM. So, all the users of Galaxy S6 G920F can have this amazing firmware on their devices.
As you already know that Samsung has not rolled out the official stock ROM for Galaxy S6, but you still can enjoy it on your device, all thanks to Lineage OS team. The new custom ROM comes packed with a number of amazing features, it will allow you to customize your phone, enhance it speed and improve your overall Samsung Galaxy S6 experience. The important thing to remember here is that you need to have a custom Recovery installed on your phone so flash the Lineage OS custom ROM.
You may also read: How to change country specific code(CSC) on Samsung S8/S8 Plus
Warning: If things do not go well, and you end with some problem. We are not to be held responsible for it.
There are certain things that you need to download and install.
- Since you will end up losing all your data, therefore, it is imperative that you make a backup of your data.
- If you run into problem when connecting your phone to your PC, check whether you have enabled the USB debugging mode or not. If it is disabled, enable it.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Drivers on your computer.
- The phone should be rooted and the latest TWRP custom recovery should be installed on it.
- Not forget to unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Ensure that the battery level of your phone is above 80 percent.
- The files that you need to download includes, Android 7.1.2. Nougat Lineage OS ROM.
You may also read: How to download and install Google play store on Nokia 6
Step 1: Start with downloading Lineage OS Android 7.1.2 Nougat for your phone on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your device to the computer, but make sure that you have used the original USB cable, as you have to mount your phone’s storage onto your PC.
Step 3: Copy the file that you downloaded in the first step and paste that on the SD card or the internal memory of your phone. Make sure that you place the file directly on the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4: Disconnect your phone, switch it off. Then turn it back on and boot in the recovery mode by pressing and holding onto the Power button along with the volume Down and Home buttons.
Step 5: Once in the TWRP recovery mode, perform Dalvik Cache. To do so, go to Advance>Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Step 6: Head back to the main menu, select install zip from SD card select the zip file.
Step 7: Navigate to the Android 7.1.2 zip file that you have copied to your SD card or your internal memory and flash it. To make the selection, you will have to choose the power button and to navigate, use the volume keys.
Step 8: After the installation process is completed, navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ then from the recovery menu, you should reboot your device by selecting the Reboot System Now option.
You are done! You can enjoy the latest firmware on your S6.
You may also read: How to Install AndroPlus Kernel on Sony Xperia XZ