Looking for an amazing Custom ROM for your Galaxy S3 (i9300), we believe you have come to the right place. Android 7.1.2 Darkness Nougat is said to be the best Custom ROM when it comes to Samsung Galaxy mobiles especially the Galaxy S3 (i9300). Despite the fact that the phone was introduced a while back but it still seems to be in demand.
The best feature in this ROM is that it has no bloatware apps, most of the bug fixes have been fixed and the phone works at best speed. Another reason being, the phone is simply amazing, but then any phone manufactured by Samsung is one of a kind. They are reliable, strong and efficient. Samsung lets its users enjoy the latest Android, regardless of their phone model. In the course of this article, we are going to teach you how to install Darkness Android 7.1.2. Nougat Custom ROM on your Galaxy S3 (i9300).
You may also read: Update Xperia Z5 with Android 7.0 HaoZeke Nougat Custom Firmware
There are a number of things that you need to do before you get on with the installation process.
- First and foremost, you have to download the latest USB Drivers for your Samsung on your computer. Make sure that they are properly installed as well.
- Don’t forget to make a backup of your data. There is a high probability that you will lose everything during the installation process.
- Ensure that the USB Debugging mode on your smartphone is activated.
- If you don’t want to run into boot loops during the installation process, we suggest you unlock the bootloader of the phone.
- Since this tutorial is only for installing DARKNESS 7.1.2 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), Snapdragon, we suggest you don’t try it on any other phone or even any other variant of Galaxy S3 (i9300).
- It is imperative that your phone should have a custom recovery installed on it.
- Before you proceed in the recovery mode, perform Dalvik Cache swipe.
You may also read: How to update Google Pixel to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo factory image
Step 1: Start with downloading both file given in essential downloads on to your personal computer.
Step 2: Now you have to mount the memory on your phone and to do so, connect it to your computer via USB cable.
Step 3: The file that you downloaded in the first step, you now have to copy, paste that on your phone’s memory. Make sure you have placed the file directly in the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4: Switch off your phone and turn it back on by pressing and holding the Power button along with the Volume Down button. Doing this will reboot your phone into the recovery mode. But before this, you have to disconnect your phone from your PC.
Step 5- Tap “wipe data/factory reset” from the options showing on your device screen by clicking the power button.
Step 6- Next Tap on “wipe cache partition”.
Step 7- You might as well do a dalvik wipe cache by tapping on Advance Menu and then selecting “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to save yourself from tiny errors or bootloops.
Step 9- Head back into recovery mode and select option “install zip from SD card” by tapping on it, use your volume keys to navigate the file to the downloaded zip file you copied on your device’s SD card and start the installation process by selecting it.
Step 11- Repeat the same step to install the GAPPS.
Step 12- Wait for the installation process to finish, which will take 4-5 minutes.
Step 13- Once the installation process is completed, you should go back to ‘+++++ Go Back +++++’ and click “reboot system now”to reboot your system.
After the reboot finish you will have the latest DARKNESS 7.1.2 ROM installed on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
You may also read: Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM to Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)