In this tutorial we are going to give you a step by step guide on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910F) to Android 7.1.2 Emotion Nougat Custom Firmware. The Emotion ROM is a suitable ROM for Samsung Note 4 to have the latest Android Nougat 7.1.2 feature on an old enough Android mobile. It is a fast ROM with quite smooth and stable performance.
This is not the official release by Samsung so make sure you Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910F) is rooted and has TWRP with clockward Mod recoveries installed and easy to access on it as you will need to go into those Mods in order to install this ROM. So without any further we should get to the update. There are few things you need to keep in mind before that process.
- You will loose your warranty contract with your seller if you continue with this installation(in case something goes wrong). Your seller won’t cover you for the damage done to your device in case something goes wrong.
- AndroidIOSPack will not be held responsible for any damage done to your device.
- This tutorials is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4. No other device should be used to update with this tutorial.
Here are some essential steps we advice our readers to take before they commence the update. These steps are very important can save you a lot of time and trouble.
- 1- First off all you will have to fully backup you deceive.
- 2- Download Samsung Note 4 USB drivers.
- 3- Enable USB Debugging mode to help connecting your tablet to your computer.
- 4- Make sure you battery is charged up to at least 85-90 percent.
- 5- Your tablet should have ClockwrokMod recovery installed.
- 6- Samsung KIES won’t detect you phone after this update.
How to Upgrade Android 7.1.2 Emotion Nougat Custom Firmware on Samsung Note 4 (N910F)
Step 1- Download both files mentioned in essential downloads on to your personal computer.
Step 2- Connect your Note 4 tablet with your personal computer using a USB cable.
Step 3- Copy the files you downloaded in step 1 on to your device’s SD card root. Remember not to save it in any folder of your device. It has to be saved in the SD card of your device.
Step 4- Disconnect the USB cable from your personal computer and turn your device off.
Step 5- Turn your Note 4 device on, pressing the power & volume up and down keys altogether. This will enable the device’s Bootloader mode. Click the bootloader option.
Step 6- Once you in Bootloader mode, look for recovery option and click on it. This click will take you in ClockworkMod recovery.
Step 7- Tap “wipe data/factory reset” from the options showing on your Note 4 screen by clicking the power button.
Step 8- Next Tap on “wipe cache partition”.
Step 9- You might as well do a dalvik wipe cache by tapping on Advance Menu and then selecting “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to save yourself from tiny errors or bootloops.
Step 10- Head back into recovery mode and select option “install zip from SD card” by tapping on it, use your volume keys to navigate the file to the downloaded zip file of Android 7.1.2 ROM zip file you copied on your device’s SD card and start the installation process by selecting it.
Step 11- Repeat the same step to install the GAPPS.
Step 12- Head back to “+++++Go Back+++++” option, tap on it and then select “reboot system now” option by tapping on it to reboot your Note 4 device.
It may take few minutes to reboot and when your phone turns back on your will have the Android 7.1.2 Emotion Nougat Custom Firmware installed on your Note 4 device.