Using jailbreak with mach_Portal for iOs 10.1 is cool, but you can further enhance your jailbreak experience if you shift to the new extra_recipe jailbreak. It is said that it is better as compared to mach_portal as it uses a different exploit. Users of Yalu for iOs 10.1 and iOS 10.2 can also make the shift very easily. Below we have provided the guidelines through which you can switch jailbreak from Yalu and mach_Portal to extra_recipe. With the extra_recipe you will be able to enjoy a number of new features, it is also improved in terms of performance and efficiency.
You may also read: Redeem Apple Music or iTunes Gift Cards
Before we start with the actual tutorial, you need to cover a number of requirements. We have listed them below.
- You need to have a compatible iOS version with a compatible device.
- A computer that can have Linux, Mac, Windows running on it.
- Another important step to remember is that you need to install Cydia Impactor on your computer.
- The Extra_recipe.ipa. You can compile it yourself via xerub’s GitHub or get a pre-complied one.
People that are allowed to do this
All iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus phone running iOS 10.0.0-10.1.1 can make the switch. Also, people who were left out by mach_portal on iOS 10.0-10.0.x. You can find all other devices that will support the shift from the GitHub page.
- You first need to reboot your device so that it loses the jailbroken status.
- Then you have to delete the Yalu or mach_portal app from your phone. To do so, press and hold on their respective icon until it starts to jiggle, then press the small ‘x’ to delete it.
- Now download the extra_recipe.ipa file from Luca Todesco’s site. In case you have complied, it yourself using GitHub page, you should skip this step.
- Once down, connect your PC to your device using a USB cable and then open Cydia Impactor.
- Check if the connected device is shown in the impactor if it is then you must drag the extra_recipe.ipa onto the Cydia interface. To complete the process, you need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- After you push the extra_recipe icon, it will appear on your home screen.
- Go to Setting, from there to General and tap on the Profiles and Device Management. Select the details that would be required to push the extra_recipe app onto your device via impactor and lastly tap on Trust to instigate the entire process.
- Now the app is launched on your phone. To jailbreak it, all you have to do is press the Go Button. In case it fails the first time, you don’t have to worry. You should try again and again until your phone is jailbroken.
You may also read: How to deactivate voice message recording option in Whatsapp in iPhone
That is it, you have shifted to the extra_recipe on your iPhone or iPad and now you can enjoy all the perks that are attached to it. We are sure you will love every moment of it. If you are unable to do or come across any problem, you should contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.