The biggest phone of the year is finally out, developers around the globe are already in the process of getting their phone rooted so that they can enjoy it to its full potential. Its infinity screen enhances and increases the overall phone experience. You will simply love using every moment of the phone. We understand that you can never be satisfied with the restrictions that are imposed by the company. You will always search for a way to get over these restrictions and to do as you please.
The phone has been out for less than a month and the developers have already managed to install TWRP on it. They have also rooted the device using a Magisk module. Some of you might be content with these methods, but for us, they were pretty length. However, rooting your phone via CF Auto is a way easier and smaller process. In the course of this article, we will be telling you how to root your Samsung Galaxy S8 with CF Auto.
You may also read: How to enable Multi Window Mode on Galaxy S8/S8+
Required Files and Settings:
- You need to enable the developers options in the phone. To do so, go to Setting, from there tap on About phone. To enable the developers options, you would have to tap on the build number several times.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 USB drivers on your laptop.
- Enable your USB debugging mode.
- Make a backup of your data.
The tutorial will not help you in installing TWRP on your S8, on the contrary, it contains a set of instructions that will help you root your device.
You may also read: How to unblock Bootloader on Huawei Honour 8
- The first step requires you to download CF Auto Root file on your computer.
- Launch Odin, but make sure that you run it as the administrator.
- Once you have done the above steps, enter the download mode of your phone. You can do this by switching off your phone and turning it back by pressing and holding the Volume Down button with the Bixby or home button. After this, you need to press the power button as will.
- Connect your PC to your S8 that is in the download mode using a USB cable.
- You will see that the ID: COM port will change color if your phone is successfully connected to your computer. Also, a message “Added!!” will be displayed.
- Press the AP button on Odin, select the .tar file that you downloaded and extracted in the first step.
Ensure that the only the F.reset Time option is enabled.
- To start the flashing of the Auto-Root, simply press the Start button.
- Once the process is completed you will see a message “A PASS!”
- Now reboot your phone and you will see a warning DM-verify, forcing you to reset your phone. To get into the system, resetting is a must. Once you get into the system, you can verify the root via Root Checker.