Huawei is among the leading mobile manufacturers. They tend to offer some really outstanding and amazing smartphone. Their every device is unique in its own way, Huawei tends to target a wide variety of audience. They ensure that everyone can get their hands on a smartphone regardless their pocket. Recently, Huawei has added a new smartphone to their Honor like and they named is Honor 8 Pro. The other two hones that are apart of Honor series are Honor 8 Lite and Honor 8.
Everyone who wants to use their smartphone to its full potential would understand how important it is to install TWRP and to unlock the bootloader. The good news is a TWRP has been finally developed for Huawei Honor 8 Pro. Also, this tutorial is not limited only to Honor 8 Pro, on the contrary, it will be effectively for the remaining two variant of Honor series i.e. Honor 8 and Honor 8 Lite. To enjoy custom ROMs it is mandatory for you to install TWPR on your mobile phone. With Custom Recovery or Root access, it is not possible for you to try custom kernels, to fiddle with the basics of Android System.
You may also read: All you need to know about the new Huawei Honor 9: A Review
Although like most Android Honor 8 Pro and Honor 8 Lite comes with installed stock recovery, but for developer and other users who would want to fiddle around with their phone this isn’t enough. Because when they want to install flashable zips and Custom ROMS, it is important to install Custom Recovery.
If you believe that, it is time for you to root, install TWRP and unlock bootloader of your phone, you need to follow the steps that we have listed below.
Before we get down to the main business, there are couple of things that you need download and install.
- It is important that you make a backup of your entire data, as installing TWPR is going to swipe everything on your device.
- Ensure that that USB Driver of your Huawie Honor 8 Pro are downloaded and properly installed on your computer. These drivers should be up to date.
- You need to enable the Developers Option on your Honor 8 Pro. To do this, go to Setting, About Phone. There you would have to tap on the build number multiples times.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode on your phone is enabled. You can enable is by going to Settings, from there to Developer Options.
- The OEM Unlocking on your phone should be enabled as well. Go to Setting, Developer Options and there check the OEM Unlocking feature.
- Your phone should be charged properly. It should have minimum 70 percent of battery life. This is important, because if your phone shutdowns during the installation process it can cause some serious damage.
- You need to know the IMEI number along with the Serial Number of your phone. Head to Settings, About, Status. There you will find what you are looking for.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone to get the Product ID. Don’t forget to note this ID down.
How to get the Unlock Code required to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8 Pro:
- The first thing that you need to do is login on Huawei’s unlock website. If you don’t have a user account, not a problem. Simply Sign-up for one. It is free and simple.
- Now look for the Downloads, click on it and then select the Unlock Bootloader option.
- You will be asked to fill in a form. Here, you would have to entre that IMEI, PRODUCT ID and the Serial number that we told you to note down in the Prerequisites section.
- Once you complete the form, you then need to click on Commit. Once it verifies things, you will get a Unlock Code. The process hardly takes a couple of seconds. Don’t forget to note down the code as you will be using it in the future.
Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 8 Pro and other Variants
Step 1: Start with connecting your mobile phone to your PC.
Step 2: Open the ADB Folder, then you need to open the Command Window. You can do that by pressing and holding the Shift Key and right click anywhere inside the folder window. When the Command Window opens, enter the following commands.
- abd reboot bootloader
This command will reboot your phone. Wait till it restarts again as this time the phone will enter the Bootloader Mode after restarting.
Step 3: Now enter the command below to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
In the place of unlock code, you would have to enter the code that you got from Huawei Official website.
You may also read: How to install B386 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Huawei Honor 8
How to Install TWPR on your Honor 8 Pro
Step 1: You have already downloaded the ADB/Fastboot package on your PC, it is time for you to extract it.
Step 2: Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Download TWRP IMG and it is important that you save it in the same directory where you previously extracted ADB/Fastboot package files.
Step 3: Head to the directory where you have download and extracted the ADB and Fastboot. Then open command prompt by pressing the shift button and right clicking.
Step 4: Here type the command given below.
- adb reboot bootloader
Your phone will now restart and boot in the bootloader mode.
Step 5: Once your phone enters the bootloader mode, you then have to type the commands listed below
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-vienna.img
That is all, you have installed TWRP on your phone now. You can now enjoy custom ROMS and other several features on your cell phone.
How to Root Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Start with downloading the SuperSU Zip File.
- Now shift the downloaded file into your phone.
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Down button along with Power buttons. Doing this will reboot your phone into the Recovery Mode.
- Now since you have installed TWRP Custom Recovery, you will see TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install and then you have to select the file that you transferred in the second step.
- To confirm, swipe right. The installation process will start.
- Once the installation process is completed, you then have to select Wipe Dalvik/Cache and lastly, reboot your Honor 8 Pro.
We hope this helps, as we have taught you how to reboot, install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader on your Huawei Honor Pro along with other two variants of the series. If you come across any problem, please do let us know.
Essential Downloads for Honor 8 Pro:
- Download latest TWRP for Honor 8
- Download latest TWRP for Honor 8 Pro
- Download Fastboot / ADB package for Windows