Finally, we have got our hands on the Snapdragon variant of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Now you can install the latest TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. In this article, we are going to give you a step by step guide on how to root and install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Note: We will not be held responsible for anything, so kindly please proceed at your own risk.
You may also read: How to fix lag and UI fluidity problems on Samsung S8 & S8 Plus
There are a number of things that you need to download and install before you get down to the rooting and installation process.
- First and foremost, you need to create a backup of all your important data including messages, emails, photos, contacts, videos etc. Rooting your phone will make you delete everything in it, so to save data make a backup.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+ USB drivers on your computer.
- Ensure that the USB debugging mode on your Android phone is enabled. You can enable it by going to Settings>Developers Options.
- To avoid any permanent damage, we suggest that your device should have a minimum of 70 percent battery life. This is imperative as any shutdown during the process might cause a damage to your device permanently.
- Dm- Verify and Force Encryption Disabler
- Magisk Manager
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon Variant)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ (dream2qlte-Snapdragon Variant)
- Semi-Stock Kernel
You may also read: How to change country specific code(CSC) on Samsung S8/S8 Plus
Unlocking Galaxy S8/S8+
- Chinese variants don’t’ have OEM unlock option, so you would have to disable the reactivation lock. This is possible if you have signed in with a Samsung account and have it enabled on your device.
- Now you need to go to Setting in order to disable the reactivation lock. From Setting, go to Cloud and Account, Accounts and here you need to select the Samsung account. After that tap on the menu and remove this account.
- All done, you need to search and download the CROM service tool on your phone. Once installed launch this tool and it will then unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8.
How to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+
Step 1: Start with downloading the files that we mentioned above.
Step 2: Now extract the TWRP file for your S8 or S8+ on the computer in order to get hands on the .tar extension. After then, extract the Odin flashing tool so that you can have access to the Odin file.
Step 3: Once done, you need to boot your phone into download mode.
Step 4: To boot the phone in the download mode, you first need to turn it off. Then turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume down button along with the Bixby button and the Power button. Doing this will boot your phone into the download mode. To continue you should press the Volume Up key.
Step 5: Now Run Odin on your PC as Administrator.
Step 6: Now connect your PC to your phone via USB cable.
Step 7: Once the phone is successfully connected, you will be able to see ID: Com port turn yellow on the Odin. Also, you will see the Added sign.
Step 8: To locate the twrp-3.1.0-r1_dreamlteks.tar file, you need to click on the AP button on Odin.
Step 9: Ensure that F.Reset and Auto Reboot options need to be checked. Whereas the Re-partition options should be unchecked.
You may also read: How to download and install the official APK launcher of Samsung S8/S8+
Step 10: To instigate the installation process you need click on the Start button.
Step 11: The message A PASS will appear after the installation process is completed. Your phone will restart automatically.
Step 12: Unplug your phone from the computer and boot it in the TWRP Recovery mode.
Step 13: To do so, Hold and press the Power button along with the Volume Up button. When the phone is turned on, release the power button but keep pressing the Volume up and Bixby button. When you see a blue screen along with the Android logo, let go of every button.
Step 14: In the recovery mode, choose Wipe and then Format Data. You will be asked if you want to continue or not. Choose Yes to continue.
Step 15: Once all is done, download and install the dm-verity along with the force encryption disabler zip and shift them to your mobile device.
Step 16: Tap on the Install TWRP menu and choose the dm-verity and force encryption disabler. Once everything is flashed, restart your phone and you can use it with or without root.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8
- From the required files section download Magisk and Semi-stock kernel flashable zip.
- Move the above-mentioned files to your phone via USB.
- Boot the phone in the Recovery mode and then tap on the TWRP menu. From there you need to tap on install, and then on Add more zips.
- Now select the file that you shifted in the first step.
- To start the installation process swipe.
- Once the process is completed, restart your device.
- Once the device has restarted, install the Magisk Manager APK again from required file sections.
And that is it! You are done!