You can use Apple Music or iTunes gift cards to purchase things on Apple content stories. In this article, we will tell you about different types of gift cards, how to us them and how to redeem them and much more.
Apple Music and iTunes Gift Cards
You can purchase these gift cards from Best Buy, eBay, Amazon and other retailers. They usually come in $25, $50 and $100. You use these cards to make purchases at Apple’s stores and their validity is between 3 to 12 months.
You may also read: How to get a black dock on your new iPhone mobile
You can buy the physical cards or the digital ones that come with redemption codes. If you opt for the digital card, your redemption code that will be delivered straight to your inbox. The code is 16-digit long and it always starts with an X. It is also hidden beneath a label located at the back of the card.
When making a purchase on Apple stores, iTunes billing system looks for the store credit that you get via these gift cards first. If the total cost is more than your credit, iTunes Billing system will then head to the payment method that you have designated at the time of signing up.
Store Credit can be used for
- iCloud Storage,
- iBooks Store, (Audiobooks and Books)
- TV Shows, Songs, Movies etc from iTunes Store
- Apps from App Store
You cannot buy more gift cards from store credit. Likewise, you cannot share the store credit with family members or when you are trying to gift a media item or an app to someone.
Redeeming Apple Music and iTunes Gift Cards
- From your iOS device, go to iTunes Store> Apple Store.
- Tap the feature tab and look for the Redeem option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Sign in with the Apple ID and select the option of getting a card scan or typing the code manually.
- A physical card can be scanned using the inbuilt camera, tap on “Use Camera” and point the camera towards the back of the card till it scans. This feature is not available in all countries.
- For manually entering the code, tap on the field “You can also enter the code manually” and enter the code. But first, you need to peel off the label under which the code is hidden.
You may also read: How to unlock or bypass iCloud activation lock on your iPhone or iPad
- Once the store verifies the code, it updates your store balance. Also, you will be given an option of either using the code for individual Apple Music Membership for adding it to the iTunes store credit.
- Now tap on Done to finish. To add another gift card, tap on Redeem another Code. For people who got their card via email, should click on Redeem Now link.
Redeeming Apple Music Gift Card in iOS Music
- Launch Music App, and tap on the For You Tab present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now look for the profile image at the upper right corner and tap on it, then on Redeem option.
- Enter the redeem code manually or use your phone’s camera to scan it. Then tap redeem to proceed.
- Lastly, tap on Done to finish.
You may also read: How to save YouTube videos onto your iPhone’s Camera Roll
Redeeming Apple Music Gift Card on Android
- If you have Apple music for android, open it and tap on menu.
- From here enter your Apple ID and tap on Redeem.
- Enter the redeem code and tap on Redeem again.
- Redeeming Apple Music Gift Card on Windows PCs or Mac
- Launch iTunes on your Computer (Mac or PC).
- Select Apps, TV Shows, Movies or Music from the popup menu located at the top left corner and then tap on store also on top of the screen.
- You need to go to Quick Links heading>Redeem link.
- You will be asked for Apple credentials, Please, enter them and press on Enter key.
- Select the way you would want to Redeem the code on your card, you can scan it using the Mac inbuilt camera or enter it manually.
- Finally, to continue click Redeem.
- To end click on Done.
You may also read: Convert your iPhone 5s into iPhone 7 in as cheap as $25