iPhone is an amazing smartphone. It comes packed with a number of features, but there is one thing the company does not allow and that is screen recording. The main reason behind this is security. Some malicious apps tend to record your screen even when you have turned them off, thus recording your private data including account details and your passwords.
Although there are third party applications such as Good Screen Recorder Lite that lets you capture whatever is going on your iOS screen, but you first have to connect your phone to your computer and you might also have to pay a small amount.
Like Apple itself introduced QuickTime Player for screen recording but again you would have to use the lightning cable. You can use Cydia apps for screen recording without connecting it to your computer. However, you would have to jailbreak your phone though.
Now for people who do not want to jailbreak their phone nor do they want to connect it to the computer for recording the screen, we have a solution. An app called the AirShou is an excellent way of recording your phone’s screen. It is by the Shou.TV. With this app u can directly record the screen of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod. The app is not available on the Apple Store, so you would have to side download it
Below are the steps for installing AirShou on your iOS device.
- From your iOS device, head to the emu4ios.net and search for the AirShou app.
- Download and install the app by selecting the install option.
- If this doesn’t work try, iEmulators.net. They also host this app.
You may also read: How to enable automatic answering to incoming calls on your iPhone.
Trust the Developer
To proceed with the installation you would first have to trust the developer. To do so,
- Go to settings of your device.
- Then head to General, tap on the Profiles and Device Management option.
- Look for the profile that has AirShou listed and tap on the trust button.
Screen record, Play and Save
- To start screen recording, launch the app and make an account there.
- If you already have an account simply sign-in.
- Then from the main menu select the Record option and select your desired orientation.
- Before you start recording, you would have to select your device from the AirPlay list.
- Ensure that Mirroring is toggled on.
- To stop recording, tap on the red banner or head back to Shou and select the Stop option. Doing this will redirect you to the recoding screen, there tap on the small icon on top to view your recording.
- To open the recording in other applications such as iFile, select the video and tap on Open In. You can share on your email id as well as save it in your camera roll.
The over all quality of the recording is pretty good. There might be some apps that prevent the recording, but that is very rare. One example is Youtube.
You may also read: How to stop hackers from stealing private data from your smartphone