As we already mentioned that One Plus X is an amazing phone, it comes with numerous features. But to further test the phone to its limit, you need to know how to go about OnePlus X rooting and TWRP installation. We have just recently done an article on unlocking bootloader on OnePlus X. Rooting is basically a way via which you can gain access to Android Operating System Code. You can then modify the code to your liking. These changes are something that the manufacturer does not allow. Once you root your phone, you can install custom recovery and flash different firmware.
You can do a lot of changes to the phone after your root it. If you are in search of OnePlus X rooting and TWRP installation method, you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to teach you how to root your One Plus X and also install TWRP on it. So, without any further delay let’s get started!
Prerequisites to One Plus X Rooting, and TWRP:
There are a number of things that you need to download and install before you get down to the OnePlus X rooting and TWRP installation process so let’s have a look at those first.
- First and foremost, you need to create a backup of all your important data including messages, emails, photos, contacts, videos etc. Rooting your phone will make you delete everything in it, so to save data make a backup.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest OnePlus X USB drivers on your computer.
- Ensure that the USB debugging mode of your Android phone should be enabled. You can enable it by going to Settings>Developers Options.
- To avoid any permanent damage, we suggest that your device should have a minimum of 70 percent battery life. This is imperative as any shutdown during the process might cause a damage to your device permanently.
How to go about One Plus X Rooting, and TWRP Installation
Below are the steps to install TWPR on our OnePlus X.
Step 1: You need to download the TWRP file on your computer.
Step 2: Now if you have not enabled the USB debugging mode on your phone, you need to do that now. Once you have enabled it, proceed to next step.
Step 3: The file that you downloaded in the first step, you need to rename it as twrp.img and place it in the adb files. You can find them C:/adb.
You may also read: How to Install TWRP and Root Essential PH-1 With Magisk
Step 4: Turn your phone off, and reboot it into the bootloader/fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the Power Button along with the Volume up button.
Step 5: You now have to open command window. For that head to the folder where you placed TWRP.img file. Once in the folder, press and hold shift key and click right. From the pop-up menu press the open command window here option.
Step 6: Once you open the command window, you then have to type the command “fastboot devices”
Step 7: Now type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”
Step 8: The Custom Recovery will successfully be installed on your OnePlus X.
How to go about Rooting OnePlus X:
Below are the steps that will let you root your OnePlus X.
- First, you need to download SuperSu and place it at the root of your mobile phone.
- Then turn off your phone and enter the Recovery mode by press and holding the Power along with the Volume Down button.
- Once in the recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate, head to Install option and select it using Power key. Under Install option, select the SuperSu file to swipe.
- Once the flashing is done, you will have to perform wipe dalvik and cache and finally reboot your system.
That is it, you are done with OnePlus X rooting and installing TWRP.
You may also read: Root Samsung Galaxy A3 A320F to XXU2BQI3 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware