Phones have become an imperative part of our lives. We tend to save a lot of information on them, for instance, our pictures, memos, etc.
Although saving data is easy, but there is always a possibility that you might lose your phone, or it stops working. What are you to do then?
Not to worry, you can always make a backup of your data. With time and growing technology backing up your Android phone has become very simple and efficient. In this article, we are going to tell you how to make a backup of your data on Android phone.
You may also read: How to stop hackers from stealing private data from your smartphone
Making a backup of Apps and Setting:
If you want to make a backup of the apps and settings of your Android phone, you would have to use the Android Backup option.
- Go to settings of your phone and look for the backup and reset option.
- Tap on it, and then select the Backup account option. If you haven’t added the account, you would have to add it then.
That is, it, your device’s settings and apps will be backed up.
If you have rooted your phone, there are still many ways of backing it up. Besides the above-mentioned methods, you can select a from a number of third-party apps. To the best of our knowledge, we believe that Easy Backup and Restore is the best app you will come across.
- Download the app, launch it.
- You will be asked to make a back of your data, tap on “Yes”.
- Select the data that you want to backup.
- Once done, you would have to select the place where you plant to save this backup.Select the data that you want to backup.
- Once done, you would have to select the place where you plant to save this backup.
- Now, wait till the app backs up your data and tap on Okay.
For un-rooted phone, we believe Titanium Backup to be the best app.
- Download the app, launch it and tap on the menu button.
- Select the data that you want to backup. You can backup your data on Google Drive, Dropbox or create a zip file that can you store somewhere safe.
The most simple and easy way to make a backup of your data is via Google. The good news is that you can store your photos, music, videos using google, but things like SMS are not saved. Nonetheless, there are numerous apps for making a backup of your messages.
You may also read: How to set up Alexa for updates on different sports
Google Photo and Videos:
You can easily make a backup of your photos and videos using Google Photos. If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, you should do it instantly. It is perhaps the easiest way of making a backup of your pictures and videos. The amount of free storage offered by Google Photo is usually enough for you. To automatically save photos or videos for future use, you should download the app and follow the steps below.
- Launch Google Photos app.
- Head to Settings.
- Tap on the option “Backup & Sync” and ensure that the automatic option is enabled.
Another interesting factor about Google photos is that you can decide the quality of the pictures, the maximum upload quality is 1080p. To check and update the quality of your photos, please follow the steps listed below.
- Launch the app, and go to the menu.
- From there you need to go to Settings, Backup & Sync.
- Once then look for the “Upload Size’ and tap on it.
- Select the option to your liking.
Saving other Files:
If you want to store files other than your photos and videos, Google drive is your best option. It is our favorite app when it comes to saving important documents and personal information.
- Download the app and follow the instructions below to upload files to Google Drive.
- Open the app and look for the “+” button.
- Tap on it and you will be asked to select files that you want to backup.
- Select the files and you are done.
Lastly, you can create a backup of your data on your PC using the Android File Transfer app.
- Download the app on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- If you are using Windows, go to my computers and open the phone storage. In case you would have to use the Android file transfer app to access data.
- Now drag and drop all the files that you want to save in the future in a folder on your PC.
You may also read: How to use an iCloud e-mail account on Android smartphone