Like any other smartphone producing brand, LG has also evolved and bettered its smartphones and by far, LG G6 has been a success. It is, undoubtedly, one of the best smartphones produced in 2017 so far and almost half of the year has already gone.
You may also read: How to download and install Pokemon: Magikarp Jump 1.01 APK for Android.
Its sleek and smart body design is easy for gripping and helps in maintaining a modern image of today’s smartphones. 3300 mAh battery comes with USB-C and Snapdragon 821, 4 GB RAM makes this device a beast already and that is not the half of it.
32 GB storage with micro SD card is a blessing for users as we all are prone to saving way too much data in our devices, some of it knowingly, and most of it without any acknowledgement. The 18:9 quad-HD display is fantastic with 2*13 megapixels rear cameras.
These are a few features that make LG G6 one of the leading devices this year but like any other device, LG G6 comes with issues and errors and bugs too. There are a number of problems in LG G6, we have listed them below along with their respective solutions.
Phone Crashes: Device is Corrupted Error
People having LG G6 are facing the problem that when their phone crashes, they see the message “Your device is corrupt. It might not work properly and it cannot be trusted” This error usual occurs, you have unlocked your phone’s bootloader, however, in LG G6 case people who haven’t done any modification are also facing this issue.
You may also read: Set up Google Assistant on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Since the issue is basically due to the verified boot process that was introduced with Android 7.0, and there might be some apps that are causing this problem. Since it is a software bug, it sure is to go away with the next update.
- Until then you can reset your phone. It has worked for many. Start with doing the soft reset, if it doesn’t work then go for the hard reset. However, try the soft reset for a couple of times, before you do the factory one.
Problem with Fingerprint Sensor
Although most of the users have no trouble with LG G6 fingerprint sensor, there are some who are facing the problem where their scanner is not recognizing their fingerprints or it is very slow.
- Start with deleting and remapping the fingerprint scanner. This trick has helped some.
- Try clearing your cache and to do that go to Setting, from there to General and Phone Management, then move onto Device Storage. Next, you need to tap on the Internal Storage and finally on the cache data to clear it.
- According to some users, this problem is due to Always on Display. So, turn it off and enabled it again to see if this works for you.
Battery Draining and Performance Issues
Some LG G6 users have been complaining about numerous performance issues such as slow startup times, random reboots and intermittent lag. Some even complained about battery drainage even when the phone is on standby.
You may also read: How to download and install Magisk systemless interface on Android.
- Download Greenify and you will be able to see the list of applications that are draining the battery as they keep the phone active. Simply change the settings and it might reduce any slowdowns.
- There is a possibility that the problem is due to an app, reboot your phone into a Safe mode and see. If the problem still persists, it means it is not because of any app. However, if it does, then you should try uninstalling the last few apps that you have downloaded. In the worst case, you might have to do a factory reset.
- Since LG comes packed with several features, you might not be able to uninstall them, but you can always disable them. This will further boost the speed of your phone.
- If you buy LG G6 from any US network carrier, you would know that the comes with many pre-installed apps. You might not be able to uninstall them, but you can always disable them.
Auto Brightness issues
Many people are not content with the auto brightness feature of their LG G6. Either because it does not work properly or because the timing is wrong. So, we do have some solutions for it as well.
Since it is a software issue, we have our fingers crossed that the next update will remove this issue, but until then you should download Lux Auto Brightness app and disable the default auto brightness feature in LG G6.
You may also read: How to install Snapchat++ iPA on iPhone without jailbreak
Google Voice Command Not Working
When you give the command “OK Google” it launches the google assistant. But LG G6 users are unable to use this feature, their assistant isn’t working and it does not recognize the command. They can always try out the solution we have listed below.
Try clearing Google App data, to do so, go to Settings, from there to Apps and then to Google App. Look for storage, Manage Space and clear all data. Once done, you need to restart your phone. Now head back to Setting, look for Google services and tap on it. From there tap on Search> Voice> > “OK Google” This will most probably resolve the problem.
Many of the LG G6 users have complained about having trouble with their Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. If among those users, please check out the below solutions.
- Turn off both the device and the router for about 10-20 seconds and then turn them back on.
- Turn off the power saving option.
- Check how heavy your Wi-Fi channel is if it is very heavy a wise thing to do would be to switch to a better option.
- Forget Wi-Fi connections and try connecting them again.
- The router firmware should be updated
- Keep the apps and the software of your LG G6 up to date.
- Can’t connect to the car, look for the solution in the manufacturer’s menu and connect accordingly.
- Make sure, you do not miss any step of the connection process.
- Delete the previous pairing and try making a new connection
You may also read: Pokemon Duel 3.0.6 APK for Android is here to download
Guidelines for Soft Reset Mode, Hard Reset Mode and Booting into Safe Mode
Below we have listed the guides for all three modes
Soft Reset Mode
In case the Screen of your LG G6 stops to respond, you should press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Doing this will restart your phone and hopefully will resolve whatever problem you are facing.
- To do this, first, you need to switch off your LG G6.
- Next turn it back, on by pressing and hold the volume down button along with the power button. Keep pressing both of these buttons until you see LG logo on your screen, now release the power button and instantly press it again. Now you need to wait, till the factory reset menu appears on the screen.
- To navigate, you should use the volume buttons and to select you would need the power button. So, to continue press the power button and to cancel, you would have to use the power keys.
Booting into Safe Mode
- Switch off your phone and reboot it again until you see the LG Logo on the screen. Now keep pressing the volume down key, till you see the home screen. Doing this will take you into the safe mode.
- In case you LG G6 is on, just press and hold the power button till you see the shutdown option. Then you need to press and hold the power off option and wait till the confirmation dialogue box appears. Doing this will reboot your smartphone into the Safe Mode.
Hardware Control Mode
In case your display is not working or it is broken, you still can perform the basic functionalities using the hardware keys.
- Switch off your LG G6.
- To enable the hardware key control mode, you need to press and hold the volume keys along with the power button.
- To navigate in this mode, you need the volume keys and to make the selection, you would have to use the power key.
- To end an ongoing call, just press the power button during the call. Likewise, to stop an alarm you would have to press both volume keys together whistle the alarm is ringing.
You may also read: Download WhatsApp Messenger 2.17.132 APK