Google has recently launched its latest iteration Android 9.0 Pie. As we all know that with the introduction of latest releases the support of the old releases get dropped. In addition to that the devices that have not been updated yet can try the custom ROMs for Android 9.0 Pie that mostly count on the AOSP. For this reason the users need to install the Google applications. The google apps or Gapps package is very useful in this case. But you need to know the method to install Gapps on Android Pie. If you don’t know the method to install them then read further, this guide will help you. We also offer Android 9.0 Pie for the ARM64 (64 Bit) and ARM devices that are easy to install through a custom recovery.
Install Gapps on Android Pie:
Gapps or Google apps are designed in many variations to make their use easier. The dissimilarity in all of them is the Gapps number with which they come. This guide sets up you with some simple useful facilities such as Gmail, Google Play Store and some others. There are also the links for download mentioned below.
You may also read: How to delete Galaxy Note 9 cache without losing User Data
Method to Install Gapps on the Android Pie 9.0 for Custom ROMs:
Gapps are intended for the Android 9.0 Pie so you must have that version of Android running in your smartphone. There is the complete guide for you to install the Gapps on Android Pie. It’s same as installing the custom ROM and it you also need to install a custom recovery on your phone. After installing the custom ROM consider the information mentioned below but before that keep in mind that:
- A flashed Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM
- Installed custom recovery is in your device
- You can miss out the step to install Gapps and make use of the custom ROM however there will be no Gapps mainly the Google Play Store plus there will be no account support.
- This guide is similar to the installation of Gapps on the Android 8.0 Oreo ROMs.
Steps of instructions of how to Install Gapps on Android Pie 9.0
- Using the links mentioned here download the latest Gapps for Android Pie.
- ARM64 Devices: open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20180908.zip
This version of Gapps is 64-bit version planned for the latest flagship devices like Samsung Galaxy S9, Note 9, Huawei P20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 8.
- ARM Devices: open_gapps-arm-9.0-nano-20180908.zip
It is the 32-bit version of Gapps works on the smartphones that are a bit older like Samsung S5.
- Put your downloaded zip file in the root of your device.
- Switch off your device and boot into Recovery Mode.
- Then scroll down towards the “flash zip from SD card” in the custom recovery and select it by using the Power button.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” by pressing the Power button.
- Now it’s time for pressing the Volume buttons to navigate to the zip file and by using the Power button select it. Then from the next screen confirm the installation then the installation process will start.
- When the installation is complete then “Go Back” and select Reboot option to reboot your device through the recovery menu. Your device will reboot now.
Now you have installed all the Google applications on your device. You can keep them in your app drawer and easily use like the other applications on your phone.
These apps are the crucial system so a normal user is not allowed to uninstall these apps. If you want to do so then you would have to factory reset as well as reinstall custom ROM.
Hope you will find this article useful.
You may also read: Fixing Google Play Service Battery Drain on the Android