To further explore the capabilities of your iPhone, some users tend to jail break their phone using a software called Cydia Impactor. With this, you can sideload unsigned iOS apps on your without either with a developer account or for free. Despite Yalu jailbreak, there are many other iOS unsigned apps that you can install on your phones such as Instagram++, Snapchate++ and much more.
Installing Cydia Impactor is pretty easy, but a number of users have complained that they see the provision.cpp 168 error during the installation Since the error is pretty vague and you can’t get much information out of it, users get confused on how to resolve it. If you are among the few unlucky one who came across this error, should not worry. In this article, we are going to help you resolve this error.
Jailbroken iOS 10- iOS 10.2 via Yalu-How to fix ‘Provision.cpp:168’ Error in Cydia Impactor
Cydia Impactor is a versatile app with it, you can do a lot of things including revoking certificates of the apps that you have installed. There is a possibility that you might have installed too many apps via Cydia Impactor and because of that, you are facing this issue. Try revoking the certificates of these apps. To do so, follow the steps below.
- The first step is to connect your device to the computer.
- Now Launch Cydia Impactor.
- To revoke certificates, look for the Xcode menu option and then select the Revoke Certificates option.
Using an App-Specific Password
People who have used two-factor authentication for their Apple ID needs to use the app-specific password especially when they are prompted to for the account’s password in Cydia Impactor. The process of generating app-specific password is simple and effective. You can easily do it from Apple’s Website.
- Click here to open the web page that will let you Sign into your Apple ID.
- Scroll down and look for the security section after that you need to click on the Edit button.
- Here you will be able to find the App-Specific Passwords. Now simply click on the Generate Password to get a password.
You may also read: How to install Video Downloader Pro iPA on iOS devices without jailbreak
- You have to now enter the name for the password, for instance, YaluJailbreak, and finally, hit the create button.
- Copy the password that has been generated.
- Now when Cydia Impactor asks you to enter a password for your Apple ID, use the password that you generated in the above step
Every time you install Cydia Impactor, you would have to use this password instead of your Apple’s ID’s password. In case this does not work for you, we suggest that you disable the two-factor authentication for a time being.
Using Install Package Option
Instead of the traditional way of dragging and dropping the IPA file on Cydia Impactor, try using the Install package option. A number of users have said that they find this particular method to be effective.
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor
- Look for Device menu, click on it and then select Install Package.
Use a New Apple ID
There is always a possibility that the Apple ID that you are using has some issues with Cydia Impactor. We suggest you try an alternative Apple ID and see if the problem is resolved.
Change your computer
If nothing works from the above-mentioned methods, we suggest that you change your computer. There is always a possibility that the internet connection has some issues or Cydia Impactor has conflicts with some software installed on that computer.
You may also read: How to install FlappyBird iPA without jailbreak on iOS devices