A couple of days back a famous hacker Luca Todesco, known as qwertyoruiop on twitter released the first iOS 10 jailbreak. He calls it the Yalu. The jailbreak is still not in a very stable stage, there are several bugs and it is limited to certain iOS devices including iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro. There is also a possibility that the jailbreak might not work due to a massive number of bugs present.
Luca has intentionally disabled the Cydia Substrate, as he does not want naïve users to get hold of this jailbreak. He wants only professional developers to use this tool. Despite all the danger, if you are still interested in jailbreaking your device, we can be of an assistance. In the course of this article, we will provide you with a step by step guide that will help you jailbreak your iOS 10.1 and iOS 10.1.1 using Cydia Impactor and Yalu.
You may also read: How to get an AT&T locked iPhone, unlocked.
The jailbreak is compatible with limited devices including
- iPad Pro
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.1 or iOS 10.1.1 only)
- iPhone 7 (iOS 10.1 or iOS 10.1.1 only)
- The jailbreak is only for devices that have iOS 10.1, iOS 10.1. and iOS 10.2.
- Since Cydia Substrate is not fully functionally, so most of its tweaks are not going to work.
- It is similar to the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3.
- It is important that you make a backup of your data.
- Your phone should be fully charged.
- In case the jailbreak does not work properly, you can always restore it back to the latest iOS firmware.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.1 and iOS 10.1.1 on your iPad or iPhone via Cydia Impactor and Yalu Jailbreak
- The first step is that you download Cydia Impactor along with the Yalu Jailbreak IPA. The exact name of the jailbreak IPA file is mach_portal_yalu-b3.ipa.
- Open the Cydia impactor.dmg file by double clicking on it.
- Now you need to drag and drop this file into the applications folders and open it.
- When you do the above step, you might get a pop-up menu having the option of “Open”.
- Your device will appear on the drop-down list once Cydia Impactor recognizes it.
- You need to now drag and drop the Yalu IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor.
- After this, you need to enter your Apple credentials and the installation process will start.
- Once the app is downloaded, you will be able to see the icon on your home screen. The icon goes by the name match-portal.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Profile and Device Management, then select the profile having your email address. This step is important because u didn’t download match-portal from Apple store, you need to authenticate it before launching it.
- Now tap on the Trust button.
- Return to the home screen and launch the app.
- You will see a white screen on your phone, this indicates that the jailbreak process has started. Do not turn off your phone or do anything with it until the process is completed.
- After the procedure is completed, your phone will reboot again and you will be able to see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
You may also read: How to get a black dock on your new iPhone mobile
A white screen will be displayed for 15-20 seconds. This means that the jailbreak process has started. Do not do anything until the process is completed.Once the jailbreak completes successfully, your device will reboot automatically and Cydia should appear on the Home screen.