Finally, Samsung has decided to accommodate the Galaxy A3 users as well. The company has rolled out an update of their latest Android 7.0 Nougat for A3 2016 AM-A310F variants. The users are pretty happy with the update as it comes with a number of new features including increased device performance, a whole new TouchWiz interface, and bug fixes as well. It also offers the latest security patch, which is pretty important especially when one wants to keep the viruses at bay. The update has been released in Germany and gradually it will be available in other countries. However, if you can’t wait to get your hands on this update, you don’t have to worry. In this article, we are going to provide you a complete tutorial on how to install XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on your A3.
There are a number of things that you need to download and install before you start on with the installation process.
You may also read: How to install and uninstall Android O on your Google Nexus and Pixel
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode on your phone is enabled.
- It is important that you make a backup of your data as you might lose your data during the installation process.
- Don’t forget to download the USB Drivers of Galaxy A3 on your phone. Make sure that these drivers are properly installed on your computer and they are up to date.
- The bootloader of your Galaxy A3 should be unlocked.
- If you have previously installed a Custom Recovery on your phone, doing this update will make your phone lose the custom recovery.
- The battery level of your Samsung Galaxy A3 should be more than 80 percent.
- You need to download the ODIN v3.10.7 on your computer.
- You will also be needing XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware file on your computer.
Step 1: You need to download the XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware zip file on your computer.
Step 2: In order to get the tar.md5, you should have to extract the XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware file. However, you don’t have to extract the tar.md5 file. Let it be, as it is!
Step 3: Switch your phone off and restart it by booting it in the download mode.
You may also read: How to download and install Instagram 10.25.0 APK for Android.
Step 4: You can enter the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Power keys along with the Home button and the Volume Down button. After short while you will see a construction Android robot on the screen, it is time for you to leave and press the Power button again. This will confirm your entry in the Download Mode.
Step 5: Start Odin on your Computer and then connect your phone to your PC. Make sure that the Phone is still in the Download Mode.
Step 6: Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC. The ID: COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow and you will be able to see a port number as well.
Step 7: The file tar.md5 that you extracted in the first step, you need to select it not. Then you have to select the ‘AP’ file placed in the AP folder, the MODEM file in the CP folder, the CSC file in the CSC folder, the PIT file in the PIT folder and lastly the BL file in the BL folder
Note: If you don’t find the any of the above-mentioned files or folders, just ignore them and proceed on with the installation process.
Step 8: The F.Reset Times and Auto Reboot options should be checked in Odin, but make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
Step 9: To start the installation process simply click on the Start Button.
Step 10: After the process is completed your phone will restart. You can unplug it once you see the Home Screen. Enjoy the latest XXU3CQE6 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on your Galaxy A3-2016.
You may also read: HTC U11 Edge Sense: A brief intro to an innovative smartphone technology