We have some great news for Galaxy J3(2017) users, Samsung has just released the XWU1AQF9 Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware for its Galaxy J3 smartphones. It didn’t take Samsung long to release an update for a mobile which was also just released in 2017.
The update comes with minor bug fixes and the latest security patch. The very same ROM is being pushed in other Samsung services like Smasumg KIES and Samsung Smart Switch. So without any further delay, let us take you straight to the tutorial of how to download XWU1AQF9 Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) J330F.
Before we take you to the installation tutorial, there are few things you should keep in mind, and few of them you should do and have them in your device. Let’s have a look at them first.
- The first thing that you need to do is download and install the USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy J3 on your computer. Ensure that these drivers are properly installed and are up to date.
- Another important thing to do is to make a backup of your data. There is a possibility that you might end up losing all your data the installation process
- If you face any problem in connecting your phone to your PC, it is because the USB Debugging mode on your phone is disabled. Please make sure that you have enabled that.
- Your device should have a minimum battery of 80-85 percent.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for the above-mentioned model number of Samsung Galaxy J3 J330F, please do not try it on other phones or even on other variants of Samsung devices.
Complete instructions on how to update Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) J330F with XWU1AQF9 Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware:
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is download the Download Android 7.0 J330FXWU1AQF9 file on your computer and then extract the file anywhere you like.
Step 2: Next, you need to download and install Odin on your computer. This is an important software as it will help you install Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) J330F.
Step 3: Turn your phone off, and turn it back on but this time, it should be in the recovery mode. To do this, you would have to press and hold the Home buttons along with the volume down button. Also, press the power button until you are able to see a warning sign on the screen. To confirm that you want to proceed in the download mode, press the volume up button.
Step 4: Launch Odin, and then connect your PC to your phone via USB cable.
Step 5: If the phone is successfully connected, you will see the ID: COM boxes turning yellow along with a COM port number.
Step 6: Choose the files that you plan to flash on your phone. You can find them in the extracted files.
Step 7: To Select AP, click on AP named Folder. Likewise, for MODEM, click on the folder CSC, for .pit file select folder PIT and for BL file open the folder BL. The name of the files might change, but their functionality remains the same. So,
- PDA = AP
- Boot Loader = BL
- Modem = CP
Step 8: If you haven’t already enabled the Auto Reboot and F-Reset times option in Odin, you need to do it now.
Step 9: Now click on start in Odin to instigate the rooting process. This might take a couple of minutes.
Once the process is completed, your phone will restart and you can unplug it from your computer. That is all, you are done now.