The good news is that a TWRP Custom Recovery for LG G6 has just been introduced, however, the bad news is that the Custom Recovery is not developed by TeamWin. On the contrary, it is made by some enthusiast developers, nonetheless, we do have a custom recovery for LG G6. Also, you don’t have to worry much as this recovery is of the same source code as of any other TWRP recovery. Besides this, it also offers all the features that any official Custom Recovery by TeamWin would have.
Installing a custom recovery on your LG G6 give you the privilege of flashing third party packages from the developer as well as rooting your phone. You can make factory level changes with a custom recovery.
One might think that installing a Custom Recovery is a complicated task, but we can assure you it is not. In fact, it is pretty easy and simple, all you have to do is follow the guidelines below.
You may also read: LG G6 Problems and their Solutions
Below we have listed things that you need to download, install and do before you get on with the custom recovery installation process
- First thing first, you need to make a backup of your entire data as you will be losing it once the installation is completed.
- Next, make sure that the USB Drivers of your LG G6 are properly installed on your computer and they are up to date.
- Don’t forget to enable the USB Debugging mode.
- The bootloader of your LG G6 should be unlocked.
- Installing a Custom Recovery is bound to void your warranty. So, if you don’t want that to happen, you don’t have to proceed further.
- You must download and install LG PC Suite on your computer. Also, make sure that it is properly integrated with ADB/Fastboot.
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is download the Android SDK on your computer. You can easily find it on the Android Developers website. Once, downloaded the next logical step is to install it. Make sure you remember the folder or the directory where you have installed it.
You may also read: How to unlock Bootloader on LG G6 H870
Step 2: All done, you now have to set it up with the USB drivers package and downloading platform-tools and USB in SDK. If this doesn’t work for you, then you should try download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools separate packages on your PC. Your platform tools file should be in accord with your operating system of your computer. So, choose accordingly.
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for Windows
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for Linux
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for MacOS
Step 3: You now need to connect your PC to your mobile phone via USB cable.
Step 4: if you haven’t downloaded TWRP, now is the time. Once downloaded, you have to copy it in the android-sdk-window\platform-tools directory.
Step 5: Open the above-mentioned directory and from there launch the command prompt. You can do that by pressing the shift key while clicking right.
Step 6: Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” and hit enter. This command will reboot your phone and enter the fastboot mode.
Step 7: Now type “Fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-h870.img”
Step 8: You will have to choose recovery from the Fastboot menu in order to enter the recovery mode. Choose the volume keys to navigate and power button to select.
Step 9: If you see the TWRP recovery in the recovery mode, it seems your mission is accomplished. Now all you have to do is reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot system now” option from recovery menu and you are done.
That’s it. Installed TWRP 3.1.1 Custom Recovery on LG G6.
You may also read: How to turn on hardware control mode in LG G6 mobile