HTC has become one of the leading mobile phone producing brands in the past few years and it is still going strong. HTC U11 is the perfect example and it has all the main specs and features which an avid smartphone user craves for and actually demands. The best bit about Android smartphones is that you can customize your OS to your accord.
The good news is that now you can install TWRP 3.1.1 Custom Recovery on you HTC U11. Installing a custom recovery on your HTC U11 gives you the privilege of flashing third party packages from the developer as well as rooting your phone. You can make factory level changes with a custom recovery.
One might think that installing a Custom Recovery is a complicated task, but we can assure you it is not. In fact, it is pretty easy and simple, all you have to do is follow the guidelines below.
There are some pre-requisites before you start the installation which are very important to keep in mind and to have these tasks complete on your device. So let’s get you started.
Below we have listed things that you need to download, install and do before you get on with the custom recovery installation process
- First thing first, you need to make a backup of your entire data as you will be losing it once the installation is completed.
- Next, make sure that the USB Drivers of your HTC U11 are properly installed on your computer and they are up to date.
- Don’t forget to enable the USB Debugging mode.
- The bootloader of your HTC U11 should be unlocked.
- Installing a Custom Recovery is bound to void your warranty. So, if you don’t want that to happen, you don’t have to proceed further.
- You must download and install HTC PC Suite on your computer. Also, make sure that it is properly integrated with ADB/Fastboot.
Step 1: Download Fastboot/ADB packages on your PC. Your platform tools file should be in accord with your operating system of your computer. So, choose accordingly.
You may also read: How to download and install the latest APK update of Facebook Messenger Beta
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for Windows
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for Linux
- Download fastboot/ADB -Android SDK Platform-tools for MacOS
Step 3: You now need to connect your PC to your mobile phone via USB cable.
Step 4: if you haven’t downloaded TWRP (twrp-3.1.1-0-ocn.img) now is the time. Once downloaded, you have to copy it in the android-sdk-window\platform-tools directory.
Step 5: Open the above-mentioned directory and from there launch the command prompt. You can do that by pressing the shift key while clicking right.
Step 6: Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” and hit enter. This command will reboot your phone and enter the fastboot mode.
Step 7: Now type “Fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-ocn.img”
Step 8: You will have to choose recovery from the Fastboot menu in order to enter the recovery mode. Choose the volume keys to navigate and power button to select.
Step 9: If you see the TWRP recovery in the recovery mode, it seems your mission is accomplished. Now all you have to do is reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot system now” option from recovery menu and you are done.
You may also read: How to modify the alert slider on the Oppo OnePlus 5.
That’s it. Installed TWRP 3.1.1 Custom Recovery on HTC U11.