Finally, Samsung has announced the new update of Android 7.0 for Galaxy Note 5 and to support it, a new TWRP 3.1.0 Custom recovery update has also been released by teamWin’s. Since this new recovery is built using Android 7.0 source code, so we can assure you that it will work pretty well with Android. Besides this, the update of TWRP recovery comes with easy access to all functions, better UI, and better performance. In the course of this article, we will tell you how to install TWRP TWPR 3.1.0 Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Odin.
The first thing that you need to do is download Samsung Note 5 USB drivers on our computer.
- Make a backup of your data, as you will be wiping off all the data present on your phone.
- Enable the USB debugging mode to make sure that your phone gets connected to your PC.
- To avoid getting stuck in boot loops, you need to unlock the bootloader.
- If you face any kind of error, perform Dalvik cache swipe.
- This tutorial is only for Note 5, so we suggest you do not try it on other phone phones.
- The recovery covers with Android 5.0, along with all future updates of Android.
Step 1: Start with downloading the TWRP 3.1.0 recovery package on your phone. This package should be for Samsung Note 5.
- Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920I, SM-N920G, SM-N920CD, SM-N920C), the file name is TWRP-3.1.0-nolelte.img.tar.
- For Samsung Galaxy (SM-N9208), the file name is TWRP-3.1.0-nolelte.img.tar.
Note: Check the model number of your phone from Setting, About Phone and then choose the appropriate file to download.
Step 2: To install TWPR, you will be needing Odin, Download it on your PC.
Step 3: Turn off your phone and switch it back on to enter the Download mode. You can enter this mode by pressing and holding the Home buttons along with the volume down button. Then press the home button until you see something on the screen. Now press the power button again to enter the download mode.
Step 4: Launch Odin on your PC and then connect your phone in the download mode to your system.
Step 5: When the phone is successfully connected, you will see that the ID: COM boxes turn yellow and there is also a COM PORT number present on the screen. This step is going to take some time, so please be patient.
Step 6: Select PDA/PA to flash on your phone. Along with this, choose the CWM package file that you downloaded in the first step.
Step 7: If the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are not already enabled, you need to check it now.
Step 8: To start the installation process, simply click on the stat Button in Odin.
Step 9: The phone will automatically boot in the recovery mode after the installation process is completed. Also, the ID: COM will turn green.
Step 10: Unplug your phone once you see your home screen.
That is all, you have flashed the latest TWRP 3.1.0 on your phone.