Every other day we come across better and enhanced versions of previous OS systems, recently we were hearing rumors that Samsung has rolled out an update version of Android OS, so why should Apple be left behind. Apple has introduced iOS 11 at WWDC keynote. It seems that the new iOS comes with major changes and improvements. iOS 11 s going to have a redesigned lock screen, better Notification Center, Control Center, Siri’s ability to support more languages, peer to peer payments and much more.
Like always, the first beta version of iOS 11 was first sent to the Apple developers. You can become an apple developer by becoming a member of the Apple Developer program. These developers can easily download the latest version on their iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone. However, if you are not a developer, you still can have this OS on your iOS device, by following the guidelines below.
You may also read: How to download latst Instagram++ IPA on iOS devices without Jailbreak
There are a number of things that you need to remember before you get to the actual point.
- It is imperative that you are a member of the Apple’s Developer program in order to install the latest iOS. In case you are not a member, simply enroll in the program by paying a fee of $99 every year.
- Since it is a beta version, it is bound to have some errors. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- Make a backup of your entire data before you proceed to upgrade your iOS device to the latest Software.
A place where you can assign your iOS device for testing and development purpose.
- First thing first, you need to login in your account on Apple’s Developer website.
- Then, look for certificates and click on it. From there, select identifier & Profiles.
- Now on the left navigational panel, you have to look for click on devices, from there on All.
- To add your device, simply click on the + button located at the top right corner.
- You will be asked to enter the UDID of your iOS device, please oblige. A UDID is of 40 hex character and you can find it using iTunes.
To find UDID, follow the steps below.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Look for the iPhone icon in iTunes and click on it.
- To get the UDID, you have to click on the serial number label.
- Copy the UDID by right clicking on it and selecting the “Copy” option.
- Head back to Apple developers website and enter this UDID, then click on continue.
- Once you have reviewed details, simply click on the registered button and then on Done to finish the registration process.
You may also read: How to make Siri read text aloud only when needed.
Install iOS 11 via Configuration Profile
- Go to Apple Developers download page and download the Configuration Profile.
- You can either download the Configuration profile on your PC and email it to an account to your iPhone. Or you can simply download it directly on your iOS device and follow the installation steps for installing it on your device.
- Once the configuration profile is installed, you have to go to Setting, from there to General and latest to Software Update.
- Tap on download and install, then on update now and install.
- It might ask you for your passcode, enter that.
Installing iOS 11 Beta Using iTunes
- Start by clicking on the Platform link which is present in the navigation bar and then on iOS and lastly download.
- Under Restore image, select your device model.
- It is imperative that the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer.
Install iOS 11 Beta
In the above steps, you have installed the IPSW file, now let’s start with the real installation.
- Launch iTunes and connect your device to the computer.
- Look for the iPhone icon located next to the drop-down menu in iTunes, click on it.
- Press the option key and if you are using Windows, the shift key and then press on the “Check for Update” option.
- Open the .ipsw file that you have installed above by selecting it and then clicking on the open button.
- iTunes will then tell you that this will erase your device, but simply click Ok to continue.
- After it reboots, a “Slide to upgrade” slider will be visible, swipe it.
- The device will reboot again and you will see the message “Hello” on the screen. Now to continue you again have to swipe on the slide to setup slider and then tap on the Continue option.
- Lastly, just follow all the on-screen option and the iOS 11 beta will be successfully installed on your iOS device.