Looking for an amazing Custom ROM for your Xiaomi Mi 5, we believe you have come to the right place. crDroid is said to be the best Custom ROM when it comes to Xiaomi mobiles especially the Mi 5. Despite the fact that the phone was introduced last year, it seems it still is in demand.
Reason being, the phone is simply amazing, but then any phone manufactured by Xiaomi is one of a kind. They are reliable, strong and efficient. Xiaomi lets its users enjoy the latest Android, regardless their phone model. In the course of this article, we are going to teach you how to install crDroid Android 7.1.2. Nougat Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5.
You may also read: How to unlock Bootloader on HTC U Ultra running Android 7.0 Nougat
There are a number of things that you need to do before you get on with the installation process.
- First and foremost, you have to download the latest USB Drivers for your Mi 5 on your computer. Make sure that they are properly installed as well.
- Don’t forget to make a backup of your data. There is a high probability that you will lose everything during the installation process.
- Ensure that the USB Debugging mode on your smartphone is activated.
- If you don’t want to run into boot loops during the installation process, we suggest you unlock the bootloader of the phone.
- Since this tutorial is only for installing Android 7.1.2 crDroid ROM on Mi 5, Snapdragon, we suggest you don’t try it on any other phone or even any other variant of Mi 5.
- It is imperative that your phone should have a custom recovery installed on it.
- Before you proceed in the recovery mode, perform Dalvik Cache swipe.
Below is the step by step guideline on How to install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Start with downloading the Mi 5’s Android 7.1.2 crDroid on your personal computer.
Step 2: Now you have to mount the memory on your phone and to do so, connect it to your computer via USB cable.
Step 3: The file that you downloaded in the first step, you now have to copy, paste that on your phone’s memory. Make sure you have placed the file directly in the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4: Switch off your phone and turn it back on by pressing and holding the Power button along with the Volume Down button. Doing this will reboot your phone into the recovery mode. But before this, you have to disconnect your phone from your PC.
You may also read: How to download and install OTG feature on Huawei P9 Lite
Step 5: Once in the recovery mode, you have to perform a Factory reset and you can do that by swiping “Swipe to Factory Reset” Option.
Step 6: To flash the file that you downloaded in the first step and copied in third, you have to go back to menu and tap on install button. A List will be presented, simply select the file that you copied in step 3.
Step 7: To confirm installation, swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. This might take a couple of minutes, but once it is done simply reboot your phone and you are good to go.
That’t it. You have install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5.