We have some good news in store for all the Sony Xperia Z users. Now Xperia Z users can experience the Android Nougat features. Xperia Z can now be updated to the Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix V5.8.3 Nougat Custom Firmware ROM. As mentioned in our title in this tutorial we are going to give you a simple yet a comprehensive tutorial on how exactly to do that.
The latest ROM comes with lots of customization and latest Android 7.1.2 features including the sound photo camera. It will be handy to have you phone rooted and custom recovery install on your Sony Xperia Z as this is not an official Sony update release. So let’s get you started with the installation process.
- This update will delete all your data so make sure to back up.
- AndroidiOSpack will not be help responsible if something goes wrong with your device during or after the update.
You need to make a backup of your data, as they will have to clear your phone’s memory in order to install Android 7.1.2 on your phone.
- Make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode. If it is disabled, your phone will not get connected to your PC.
- Another important thing to do is to download and install the latest USB driver on your computer.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
- The phone should be rooted and it should have the latest Custom Recovery installed on it.
- Make sure that the battery of your phone is above 80%.
Files that you will have to download include:
Step 1: Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix V5.8.3 Nougat Custom Firmware ROM on your PC from the link above and extract these files too.
Step 2: Connect your phone to your PC in order to mount its memory. Make sure that you are using the original data cable.
Step 3: Copy the file that you downloaded in the first step, make sure that these files are placed directly in the memory and not in any folder.
Step 4: Disconnect your phone, turn it off and switch back on into the recovery mode. To enter this mode, you have to press and hold the power keys along with the volume down button.
Step 5: Once in the TWPR mode, tap “wipe” button to erase all data from your device, then go down and tap “swipe to the factory reset” option.
Step 6: To flash the ROM, you have to head back to the main menu, tap on install option and then search for the ROM zip file that you have copied to your phone’s memory. Select it, tap on the confirmation button to proceed on with the installation process.
Step 7: Once the installation process is completed, you should go back to ‘+++++ Go Back +++++’ to reboot your phone.
That is it! You are done updating you Sony Xperia Z to Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix V5.8.3 Nougat Custom Firmware ROM enjoy the latest Android operating system’s features on your Sony Xperia Z mobile.
You may also read: How to Land and Gather Guns in Rules Of Survival G950