In this article, we are going to talk about how you can unlock Huawei Mate 10 Bootloader. Huawei has become a reliable name, during the past few years, when it comes to the manufacturing of smartphones. Huawei devices have gained a good reputation among avid smartphone users and Huawei Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro is one of those devices. It has great specs and the most amazing feature is that it runs on Android Oreo 8.0. The rest of the specs are great nevertheless like its 5.9 inch LCD display screen and the storage capacity of 64 GB. Huawei Mate 10 also comes with external memory card slot thus users can always use an SDcard for extra storage.
Huawei Mate 10 comes with dual sim slot and an ample 4 GB RAM which is the same as Galaxy S8. The most notable issue in smartphones is the weakening of the battery but Huawei Mate 10 takes lead in this regard by providing 4,000 mAh battery size. With many more super cool features, the one thing users need to do with this Android Oreo run smartphone is to root the device. And for rooting the device one has to have the bootloader unlocked on the said device and to help you with this task at hand, we will take you through this article elaborately.
Prerequisite to unlock Huawei Mate 10 booloader:
- You need to enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Make a complete backup of your data as you might end of losing it all.
- If you are a developer and you plan to unlock the bootloader, we suggest that you do it before you set up the Google Play store.
- Download USB drivers of your Huawei Mate 10 on your computer. Ensure that these drivers are updated and they are installed properly on the computer.
- The Developers Options should be enabled on your phone, to do so, go to Settings, from there to About phone and then tap on the build number option multiple times.
- Enable OEM via Setting>Developers Options>activate OEM Unlocking.
- Ensure that your phone has Emotion UI 4.1.
- Keep track of the IMEI number along with the serial number of your phone. You can do this by going to Settings> About>Status. Or simply dial *#*#1357946#*#* for the product key.
Below we have provided you the complete guidelines on how to unlock Huawei Mate 10 booloader smartphone with an easy and very brief yet a very comprehensive tutorial. The process is very similar as to unlocking the bootloader on any other Huawei device.
How to unlock Huawei Mate 10 bootloader:
Step 1- Create an account on the Official Website of Huawei.
Step 2- Log in, then go to downloads and from there you have to select the Unlock Bootloader option.
Step 3- A form will open in front of you. You need to fill it with the required information and then press “Commit” button.
Step 4- If all the information is correct, you will instantly see an unlock code on your screen. Save that code someplace safe.
Step 5- Once you have the unlock code, connect your phone to the computer.
Step 6- Launch the command prompt and type the command “ADB reboot bootloader” in it.
Step 7- This command will restart your phone and make it enter the bootloader mode.
Step 8- To unlock the bootloader, enter the command “fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]”. This “unlock Code” is the code that you got from Huawei website.
That is all, you are done! Now your device is reset and all the data is wiped out.This is the reason we said it is important that you make a backup of your data.
You may also read: How to Update Huawei P9 Lite to B402 Android 7.0 Nougat