iOS 11 comes be an improved and enhanced document scanner feature incorporated in Notes. The new feature has the ability to scan almost any kind of file, may it be receipts, photos or recipe. The best thing is that the new feature is available on both iPad and iPhone. In this article, we are going to teach you how to use this amazing feature.
How to Use the Document Scanner in Notes
Step 1: Go to Home Screen, look for the Notes app and tap on it.
Step 2: Once the App is launched, you then have to create a new Note.
You may also read: How to backup iPhone data with iTunes, iCloud and other methods
Step 3: If the keyboard is open, you can create a new Note using the + sign located above the keyboard. In iPad, the + sign is located on the right side of the display, whereas in iPhone it is present in the middle.
Step 4: In case the keyword is closed, look for the yellow + sign. Tap on it. The sign is usually present at the bottom of the screen.
Choose the Document Scanner option.
Selecting this option will direct you to the document scanner interface. Now follow the steps below to scan a document properly.
- You can choose grayscale, color, black and white or photo for your scan. To open these options tap on the three circles located at top of the screen.
- To adjust the flashlight option, tap on the icon. By default, it is automatic i.e. the flash will not work if you are in a room with proper light.
- Make sure that the yellow box is lined up with the edges of your document by focusing the camera on it.
- Once you are sure about everything, press the camera button to scan the document.
- If you like the scan, select Keep scan or opt for the Retake option.
The scanned document will be saved in the Notes, you can further edit it by clicking on the edit Scan option. Editing tools include changing orientation, cropping, addition an additional scan and much more.
You may also read: How to transfer media files and data from Android to iPhone