Instagram app for iOS is decent, it is simple and user-friendly. However, there comes a time when you want to just upload a picture to your Instagram account without wasting your cellular data that is consumed when the app refreshes the feeds. With the update of Instagram, you can send photos from your Instagram to other apps using the Share sheet extension. Now, we present you with a shortcut for sharing images on Insta using Safari.
In this article, we are going to give you a complete guideline on how you can upload your photographs to your Instagram using the mobile web interface. No additional apps are needed, we are pretty sure that you will love this.
You may also read: How to get a black dock on your new iPhone mobile
Note: Before we get down to the tutorial, you need to understand that you cannot upload photos using the Instagram web interface on your desktop computer, you can only do this on your mobile phone.
Post Photo on Instagram Using Safari:
- The first thing that you need to do is, open the website Instagram.com in Safari on your iPod Touch, iPad ad iPhone. You can even log in using Chrome or any other browser that you have installed on your iOS device. Once done, then you have to log in with your Instagram account credentials.
- After that, you have to look for the Camera button. It is usually present at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it.
Tip: In case you are unable to see the tab area at the bottom of the screen, you either reload the page or try scrolling up and down.
- Tapping on the camera button will pop-up a menu, there you will be presented with a number of option including taking a new picture, choose from your Phone’s library or upload one from the cloud-storage. Choose that option that contains the picture that you plan to upload.
- Once you have selected your desired photos, you then have to preview it in order to ensure that everything is okay.
You may also read: How to save YouTube videos onto your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
- After you are sure that everything is fine, you need to tap on Next to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you will be able to make changes to your desired picture. To rotate the image counter-clockwise, you would have to tap on an icon that is located at the bottom right corner.
- To switch between portrait and landscape orientation for your photo, you need to tap on the icon that is present at the lower left corner of the screen.
- If you don’t want to create a new Instagram post, all you have to do is tap on “X” that is present in the upper left corner.
- All done, it is time to write a caption for your image. Although it is not a compulsion, it does look nice. So go on and write a couple of lines about your photo.
- You can even tag your friends by putting the sign “@” in front of their name, for example, @johnCap. Also, if you are interested you can use hashtag for example, #londonparty
- You have made the desired changes, added a caption and even tagged a couple of friends, now it is time to share the photo. To share it, you just need to tap on the share icon that is located at the upper-right corner of the screen. Your photo is now published and uploaded on Instagram.