Last year, Oppo launched three smart phones on the market. The Oppo R9, Oppo R9 plus and Oppo F1s. These devices come with amazing explanations and have Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box, now Oppo has officially launched the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on all three devices.
There were rumors that Oppo could pass the Marshmallow update and try those devices with Nougat but unfortunately, that could not happen. However, Marshmallow is still a nice touch and the new firmware update will come with new things like tap, Doze Mode, Google Assistant and more. This firmware is now in process in Australia by OTA update and weighs more or less 1.63 GB. If you have an Oppo device and you have received this update, you can manually activate it by following a few steps in detail.
In this Android Marshmallow update guide for Android 6.0 is only for Oppo R9, Oppo R9 Plus and Oppo F1s. Look at the device model in Settings> About phone.
1. Make sure you have backed up your device, including your personal photos and videos.
2. Your device should have 60% or more of battery life to avoid any unexpected shutdown in the upgrade process.
3. You must enable USB debugging on your device. To activate it you can go to Oppo devices by navigating to Settings> Developer options.
4. You have now installed the latest Oppo USB drivers.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow in Oppo R9, R9 Plus and Oppo F1s:
1. First of all download the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
2. Once downloaded, rename the file to ‘Update.zip’.
3. Now you must connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
4. Now, copy and put the firmware files in the directory of your SD card.
5. Go directly to files> All files> Select zip file> Click Update Now.
6. The device will automatically restart and the installation process will begin.
Once completed, you will have the official version of Android 6.0 installed on your Oppo device.