Initially, we were able to enjoy only Android P on Google Pixel phones, but now Google is expanding the Beta Program. You can enjoy the new Android on Non-Pixel smartphones as well. According to Google I/O 2018, there are going to be seven different phones that will get an update on the beta build. These phones include Xiaomi, Nokia, Sony and a couple of others. In this article, we are going to tell you how to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta.
We have been really looking forward to enjoying Android P on phones other than Pixel. What interest us more is that the latest OS is even available on mid-range mobile phones such as Nokia 7 Plus. There is no doubt that the phone is great and it offers features as good as any high-end mobile. However, in terms of pricing, the phone is a mid-range Android. This is great as you can enjoy outstanding features, the latest Android at a very reasonable price. You can buy the phone in UK and India. Once you have the phone learn how to update it to the latest Android OS. Although, installing that latest OS is going to be a little different than doing it on Pixel. You simply cannot enroll your Nokia phone in order to get the update directly. On the contrary, you will have to manually flash files to enjoy Android P beta on your smartphone. So, without any further delay, let’s learn how to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta.
You may also read: How to upgrade Nokia 5 to August 2017 OTA update
Prerequisites to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta:
Below are the steps that you need to perform in order to update your phone to the latest Android OS.
- You need to download the latest Android P Build from Nokia. Since this is going to be a space-consuming file, thus ensure that you have that much space.
- Make sure that you have Fastboot and minimal ADB, or you need to get Android SDK.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device. To do so, head to Settings, System, About phone. Tab on build number seven times. Now when you go back you will see developers Option, from there enable the USB debugging mode.
How to Validate your Device:
- In order to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta, you need to validate your device. To do so, register the device on the official website of your phone’s account.
- To register the device you will need IMEI number. Dial +#06# to get the IMEI number for your phone. You also need to know the carrier of your SIM card and the country.
- Once you fill in all the information, hit the Enter button to validate your device.
Factory Reset your Phone to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta:
To update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta, it is important that you factory reset your device. According to Nokia’s Beta Labs Page, you will have to clear the data using the recovery mode. Clearing data via Settings is not going to help. Below are the steps to clear data using the Recovery Mode on your Nokia 7 Plus.
- First, switch off your phone and then connect it to the computer.
- Now turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Up Key along with the Power key for about ten seconds.
- The moment you see Android One boot screen, instantly let go of the buttons.
- Wait until you see an Android robot along with a red exclamation mark. You will see “No Command” written under the exclamation mark.
- To enter the Recovery Mode, hold the Power button and then press the Volume Up key.
- There you will find the Factory Reset option, simply select this option to factory reset your phone.
Note: In the Recovery mode, you need to use the Volume Keys to navigate and the Power Key to make a selection.
- To confirm the Factory Reset Option, select Yes on the screen.
How to update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta:
- You need to enter the Recovery Mode, once then look for the Apply Update From ADB option.
- Now launch Command prompt on your computer and then go to the folder where the beta version is located.
- To sideload the devices on your screen, you need to enter adb devices.
- Now write the command “adb sideload B2N-3050-0-0WW-B01-update.zip” Remember, B2N-3050-0-0WW-B01-update is the file name on your build. So, you need to type that instead of this.
- Once you hit ENTER, you will see the progress bar indicates that the installation has started.
- Wait for the process to complete, after that simply reboot your system.
- When the devices restart, you will have to set it up again.
Following the above steps correctly will update Nokia 7 Plus to Android P Beta. Enjoy the latest Android OS on your device. We do understand that OS comes with some really amazing features.
You may also read:How to Fix Nokia 7 SIM card issue