This amazing ROM is basically a combination of some popular ROMs including LineageOS. This is one Rom that we have been recommending everyone for a very long time now. The best thing is that it comes with regular OTA updates.
If you find a problem in the ROM, just report it and the developers will fix it in no time. In the article, we will teach you how to update Huawei P9 Plus to Android 6.0 Resurrection Remix. The current ROM is for Android Marshmallow, but it will soon be upgraded to Android Nougat.
- Download USB drivers of Huawei P9 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- It is important that you Unlock Bootloader.
- Do not forget to make a backup of your data as the tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- To install Remix ROM, it is highly important that your phone has a custom recovery installed.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache once you enter the Recovery Mode.
You may also read: WINDOWS – 10 KEYS OF ACTIVATION FOR THE 10 EDITIONS
Complete Instructions How to Update Huawei P9 Plus to Android 6.0 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow Custom ROM:
- Download Android 6.0 Resurrection Remix ROM on your computer. The ROM should be for your computer.
- Mount the memory of your phone onto your computer by connecting it via USB.
- Paste the file that you downloaded in the first step onto your phone’s memory. Make sure it is directly in the memory and not in the folder.
- Switch off the mobile and disconnect from the computer.
- Restart the phone and enter the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power buttons along with the Volume Down button.
- Perform the Swipe to Factory Reset once you enter the TWRP recovery mode.
- Head back to Main Menu and tap on the Install button on the zip file that you have copied and pasted.
- Swipe the option “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option and the process would start.
- Tap on the Wipe Dalvik cache option provided you get into any problem or boot loops.
- Once done, “Reboot System” button. The process will take about 5 minutes and then you are done.