Finally, we are able to update Huawei P9 Lite using the TWRP custom recovery instead of the usual Huawei recovery. P9 is one of Huawei’s mid-range phone that offers specs of a high-end phone. It comes with a 13-megapixel camera, definitely a phone for selfie lovers and its 3 GB RAM allows smooth multitasking. If you are low on budget, but you want something great try checking this amazing phone. It goes beyond expectation, especially now when you can update it using the TWRP 3.1.0 Custom recovery. Installing this amazing custom recovery will open doors for you, you can change many things in your phone. I will love modifying it in every possible way.
In this article, we will be providing you with a complete tutorial on how to update Huawei P9 Lite with TWRP 3.1.0 Custom Recovery.
You may also read: How to hack Pokemon Go++ with Tutuapp on Android devices.
There are a number of things that you need to remember, do and install before you get down to the actual process of installing the custom recovery on your P9 lite. We have listed all of these things below:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Huawei P9 lite USB drivers. They should also be properly installed on your system.
- To avoid getting stuck in boot loops during the installation process, make sure that you have enabled the bootloader.
- Check whether or not the USB debugging mode is enabled. If it is not, you need to enable it.
- The developer options should also be enabled. To do so, go to Setting, from there you need to tap on About Phone and then tapping multiple times on the build number will enable the developer options
- Always make a backup of your data, there is always a chance of losing it during the process.
Complete Instructions How To Update Huawei P9 Lite with TWRP 3.1.0 Custom Recovery :
- The first step is to download and install Android SDK. You can easily find that on the Android Developers website. Next, you need to set it up with the USB drivers package in SDK and the platform-tools. The alternate to this is, you download and install Android SDK Platform-tools- ADB/Fastboot separate package. This depends on the operating system that you are using. So, download accordingly.
- Connect your PC to your phone using a USB cable.
- Now download TWRP and make sure that it is in the same directory as the one in which you extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
- Open the command prompt by pressing the shift button and then clicking right and selecting the “Open command prompt option. At the same time, you also need to navigate to the directory holding the Fastboot files. You will have to use a terminal in order to navigate to the directory if you have Max OS X and Linux.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” and hit enter. This will boot your phone into bootloader mode.
- Once in the bootloader mode, you need to the type the command “fastboot flash recovery twrp_p9_lite.img”
You may also read: How to download Samsung S8’s Keyboard APK for Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
That is all, the TWRP 3.1.0 custom recovery is installed on your Huawei P9 lite. To enter the recovery mode, you need to press and hold the Power keys as well as the volume down button at the same time.