Huawei Honor 9 is an outclass mobile phone, you are going to love everything that it offers. The phone is a complete package and now you can update Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo. This is another great step, your phone is going to become better, faster and more reliable.
The phone comes with a .15-inch display screen having a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is fast and efficient because of its 6 GB RAM and it offers 16 GB or 128 GB internal memory. It also supports up to 256 GB of external memory. You will love its camera, it comes with 20 MP rear camera and amazing camera modes. The phone has a powerful battery as well, it has 3200 mAh battery and outstanding talk time.
If you want to have the latest Emotion UI 8.0, you need to update your phone to Android 8.0. The update comes with three different version numbers, STF-TL10C00B338 (220.127.116.118), STF-AL00C00B338 and STF-AL10C00B338, STF on Honor 9 China region variant. Once you update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo you will be able to enjoy everything that it offers. In this article, we are going to focus on how to update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to update Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo
Yes, you are going to enjoy all the features Android 8.0 Oreo has to offer, but the latest security patch is the biggest catch. The update is bound to increase the overall security of your smartphone as it comes with the latest February 2018 security patch. Some of you might already be able to enjoy the update as it is via Over the Air, however, many of you will have to wait. If you do not have the update in your region and you do not want to wait, not a problem. You can manually update Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo by following the steps below. Carefully follow the steps below and you will be able to get Android Oreo B338 on your smartphone.
NOTE: Before you update Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo it is important to ensure that your phone has stock unrooted firmware installed.
- It is imperative that you create a backup of all the important data present on your phone including messages, photos, videos contacts etc.
- You need to ensure that you have Huawei Honor 9 USB Drivers on your phone.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone. It is important especially when you don’t want to run into loops during the installation process.
- Make sure that your phone has a minimum battery life of 70% or so.
Below are the files that you need to download for the installation process.
- STF-TL10C00B338 – 8.0.0338 Honor 9
- STF-AL10C00B338- 8.0.0338 Honor 9
- STF-TL10C00B338- 18.104.22.1688 Honor 9
How to update Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo- Complete Instructions
- Start with downloading the Oreo B338 from the above link for your smartphone.
- Then you will have to create a new folder, name it “dload” and place it in the internal memory of your Honor 9.
- Shift the update.app file dload folder.
- Opening the settings app on your phone and then tap on the update option. To choose a local update, you will have to tap on the menu key.
- To instigate the update, tap on the local update file.
- Wait for the process to complete, after that Honor 9 will reboot itself.
That is it, you can update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo and enjoy all the features that it offers.
You may also read: Unlock Bootloader and Root Huawei Honor 7X