Google is known for coming up with different and unique things. The company is famous for its technological advancement in terms of its products. Google Pixel 2 or Google Pixel 2 XL is an amazing phone to have. Both these phones are unique and amazing. To enjoy the phone to its full potential you have to unlock the bootloader. The good news is that How to Unlock Google Pixel 2 bootloader and Google Pixel 2 XL bootloader can now be easily unlocked. The phone comes with a locked bootloader; however, you can show unlock it via our tutorial on how to unlock Bootloader on LGG6 H870. Most of the companies tend to keep the bootloader locked, but with time, these companies roll out the way of officially unlocking the bootloader.
If you are a person who is up for playing around with the phone, such as rebooting it, installing custom ROM or a custom recovery, then it is imperative for you to unlock the bootloader. Only then will you be able to enjoy the phone to its full potential.
You may also read: Update Google Pixel 2/2XL to OPD1 Factory Image with Android 8.0 Oreo
Below we have listed the things that you would need in order to unlock the bootloader on your mobile.
- The first thing to do is to install the latest USB drivers of Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL on your PC.
- Then you have to download ADB along with Fastboot.
- Don’t forget to enable the developers option and to do so, go to Setting, from there to About phone. Now tap on build number of 6 to 7 times to enable the option.
- Enabling the USB Debugging mode on your phone is also important.
- Make sure that you have enabled the OEM Unlocking.
- It is imperative to make a backup of your data as everything on your phone will be deleted.
- Your phone’s battery should be equal or greater than 80 percent.
Why should you unlock Google Pixel 2 bootloader?
Once you unlock Google Pixel 2 Bootloader and Google Pixel 2 XL bootloader, there are many things that you can do with your phone. Below is the list of all the things that you can do.
- Recovery the phone from soft brick
- Install Custom ROMs and a couple of other things.
- Root Pixel with Magisk or SuperSU
- Install a Custom Recovery
Warning: Unlocking Google Pixel 2 bootloader is going to void the phone’s warranty. It will also wipe clean the device. If something goes wrong during the installation, the blog is not be held responsible.
You may also read: Fix Google Pixel 2 Turns off Randomly Issue
The Complete Guide
Step 1: Reboot your phone into bootloader/fastboot mode. To do so, switch off your phone and turn it on by pressing and holding the Volume up button along with the volume down button.
Step 2: Alternatively, head to C:/adb on your computer and open Command prompt. To open a command prompt, you need to press and hold the shift key and then click right anywhere on the window and type the command below to enter Fastboot mode.
“adb reboot bootloader”
Step 3: You now used step 1 to enter the fastboot mode, skip this Step. If you used the second method then you have to connect your phone to your PC via a data cable.
Step 3: Once the phone is connected and you see the command window, you need to type the command below
Step 4: To unlock the bootloader, now you need to type in the command “fastboot flashing unlock” It might take a couple of seconds and the bootloader will automatically be unlocked.
Step 5: After the unlocking of bootloader was successful, you need to type the command “fastboot reboot” This is done now, you can successfully enjoy unlocked bootloader on your phone.
You may also read: Enter Recovery Mode of Google Pixel 2 XL