To enjoy your latest Huawei P9, you need to unlock the bootloader first. Once your bootloader is unlocked, there are a number of things that you can do with it. Huawei P9 is said to be one of the best phones that Huawei has come up with. It has a 5.2 full HD screen with high resolutions. Its 13 MP camera lets you capture moments to perfection. The phone comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but unlocking the bootloader will let you install other Custom ROMS on your Huawei P9.
Unlocking the bootloader allows you to make system changes to your device, you can root it, install other custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM on your mobile phone. Before we get on to the tutorial, there are a number of things that you need to download and remember
You may also read: How to download latest Android O beta preview 2 on Google Pixel Mobile
- You need to enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Make a complete backup of your data as you might end of losing it all.
- If you are a developer and you plan to unlock the bootloader, we suggest that you do it before you set up the Google Play store.
- Download USB drivers of your Huawei P9 on your computer. Ensure that these drivers are updated and they are installed properly on the computer.
- Unlocking Bootloader on Huawei P9 Lite.
- The Developers Options should be enabled on your phone, to do so, go to Settings, from there to About phone and then tap on the build number option multiple times.
- Enable OEM via Setting>Developers Options>activate OEM Unlocking.
- Ensure that your phone has Emotion UI 4.1.
- Keep track of the IMEI number along with the serial number of your phone. You can do this by going to Settings> About>Status. Or simply dial *#*#1357946#*#* for the product key.
Below we have provided you the complete guidelines on how to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P9 lite. The process is very similar as to unlocking the bootloader on any other Huawei device.
Getting the Unlock Code from Huawei Official Website
Create an account on the Official Website of Huawei.
- Log in, then go to downloads and from there you have to select the Unlock Bootloader option.
- A form will open in front of you. You need to fill it with the required information and then press “Commit” button.
- If all the information is correct, you will instantly see an unlock code on your screen. Save that code someplace safe.
You may also read: How to Install TWRP a Huawei P10 & P10 Plus
Unlock Bootloader using Fastboot and ADB
- Once you have the unlock code, connect your phone to the computer.
- Launch the command prompt and type the command “ADB reboot bootloader” in it.
- This command will restart your phone and make it enter the bootloader mode.
- To unlock the bootloader, enter the command “fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]. This “unlock Code” is the code that you got from Huawei website.
That is all, you are done! Now your device is reset and all the data is wiped out.This is the reason we said it is important that you make a backup of your data.Read More Tutorials On Huawei