Huawei P9 Lite is an excellent mid-range Android introduced by the company. It comes with a 13-megapixel camera, a 5.2 inch Full HD display, and Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The phone is excellent on its own, but to further enhance it, you can always download custom recovery. To do so, you need to unlock the bootloader. An Android does come with some restrictions, but like iOS jailbreak, you can also get rid of these limitations by installing a custom recovery on your phone. The important thing to remember is that to install a custom recovery, you need to have the bootloader unlocked. With an unlocked bootloader, it is not possible for you to flash a custom firmware.
When you unlock your Huawei P9 lite, we can assure you that you will fall in love with the phone all over again. Because now you will be able to make system-level changes, such as installing a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM with the stock android recovery. Likewise, you will also be able to root your phone. Once the recovery is fully installed, it will allow you to flash custom ROMs, trust us when we say, Custom ROMs are great fun to have around.
- To unlock your bootloader, you would have to connect your device with your computer. But if the USB drivers of your Huawei P9 Lite are not downloaded and properly installed on your computer, it is highly unlikely for your phone to get connected with your Personal Computer.
- If is very important that Fastboot and ADB are properly installed on your system. Both these files play an important role, so ensure that they are also integrated fully.
- Developer Options is another thing that you need to check. If this option is not enabled, you have to enable it. Go to Setting, from there About phone and tap on the build number multiple times. Doing this will enable the Developer Options.
- USB Debugging mode should also be enabled on your Huawei P9, to do so, you first need to go to Setting, from there look for Developer Options and then make sure that the USB Debugging mode is checked.
- Enable OEM Unlocking as well.
- It is imperative that you make a backup of your entire data as unlocking the bootloader will wipe out all your data.
- Emotion UI 4.1 should be present on your phone.
- Write down the IMEI number along with the serial number. You can find them from Setting>about>Status.
- Another way of finding IMEI number is to dial *#*#1357946#*#* or check the back of your Phone’s box.
How to get Unlock Code from Huawei Website
- Go to the official Huawei website and signup for an account, provided you don’t already have an account.
- Download Bootloader from downloads, but before that, you would have to fill a form with information that you wrote down above.
- Once done click on ‘Commit’ and you will instantly see an unlock code, save it somewhere safe.
You may also read: How to install Flyme 6 OS in HTC mobiles
Unlocking bootloader with Fastboot and ADB package:
- Connect your computer to your phone.
- Open command prompt and type the command “adb reboot bootloader”
- The command will first reboot your phone and then force it to enter the bootloader mode.
- Now type the command fastboot.oem unlock [unlock code]. Put the code that you got from the website.
- That is all, you are done now. The bootloader on your Huawei P9 Lite is unlocked.