Siri is the best Ai assistant that you will ever come across. Apple has worked really hard on it. With every update they introduce new features of Siri, iOS 11 update is no different. Usually, you will have to speak to iOS’s voice assistant for something you want, but now you can type your request to it.
When you enable this feature, triggering iOS voice assistant lets you interact using the text field and the keyboard instead of the voice. This is pretty helpful especially when you don’t want others to hear what command you are giving to it.
You may also read: How to install iOS 11.1’s Emoji on any Jailbroken device
In the article below, we are going to bring you short and simple but yet a comprehensive methods to type your request to the famous iOS voice assistant instead of speaking to it. Although speaking is a lot more easier than typing but these methods could be helpful for people who are having troubles with accents to make the voice assistant understand.
How to Type your request to Siri on iPad and iPhone
Below are the steps that you let you enable how to Type your request on iPhone and iPad for it’s voice assistant program.
- Go to Home Screen, open Settings app.
- Look for General and tap on it.
- Then tap on Accessibility.
- Look for Siri, you will have to scroll down. Once you find it tap on it.
- Now toggle the Type to Siri option on.
You may also read: How to use the New iPad Dock on iOS 11
Head back to Home Screen, and invoke Siri. Once invoked you will see that a text field will pop. Siri will wait for keyboard input instead of your voice. Type whatever you want and hit Enter. You can edit the search results by pulling down on the results and selecting tap to edit option. Tapping on this option, let’s you overtype the query. The best thing is that you can still talk to the personal assistant even when the typing feature is on.
How to Type your request to Siri on Mac
- Type of System Preferences in the Dock or you can head to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on Accessibility.
- Click on Interacting located in the left-hand column, and then click on Siri underneath it.
- Enable the option “Enable Type to Siri.
Now when you will activate the voice assistant Shortcut, you will see a text field at the bottom of voice assistant’s overlay. Type what you like and hit enter.
You may also read: How to adjust video play back speed on iPhone and iPad