Huawei has been surprisingly amazing with its smartphones one after the other and has surprised everyone yet again with the release of another awesome device. This time it’s the Huawei Honor 7X with very amazing specifications. The phone has a beautiful 5.93″ screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 chip and a 4 GB RAM.
The smartphone is available in two variants. One with a 32 GB ROM and 3 GB RAM while the other has a 64 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM. To picture your world out there Huawei Honor 7X provides you with a 16 MP rear and 8 MP front camera. This guide somehow is about Huawei Honor 7X unlock bootloader on (L21, L22, L24) version of device.
An unlocked bootloader is essential and foremost thing needed if you’re interested to modify your stock Android OS or install Custom ROM on your Honor 7X. For any kind of modifications you need to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device. And for the installation of custom recovery an unlocked bootloader is needed on your Honor 7X. TWRP Custom Recovery is always needed in order to optimise, customise, tweak Android OS, install a custom ROM or custom Kernel and any of the modified packages on your device. Follow the extensive guide below to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X.
Prerequisites for Huawei Honor 7X unlock bootloader:
– ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers to be installed on your PC.
– Enabled Developer Options. Go to Settings app and then About in it and tap 6-7 times on build number.
– Then in Developer Options in Settings enable USB Debugging.
– In the Developer Options also enable OEM Unlocking.
– Unlocking the Bootloader on your Huawei Honor 7X will remove all your precious data. So backup all your data first.
– Your phone battery needs to be charged up to 60%. Your device may otherwise shutdown during the unlock procedure and your Honor 7X can be damaged permanently.
– Your device must be running on EMUI 5.0
– Pen down the IMEI and serial number of your device from About menu in Settings.
– Also note down the Product ID by dialling *#*1357946#*#*
How to receive code for Huawei Honor 7X unlock bootloader:
– Sign up and sign in to Huawei’s unlock website.
– Choose Unlock Bootloader in the Downloads drop down menu.
– Fill in the form by using IMEI number, Product ID and Serial number and other information required.
– You’ll see the unlock code after you complete the form and tap Commit and you will have the Unlock Code. Write it down.
Huawei Honor 7X unlock bootloader: Step by Step Instructions:
– Connect Huawei Honor 7X device to your computer.
– Open command prompt in ADB and Fastboot directory and type in the this command written below.
adb reboot bootlaoder
– Your phone will enter into the Bootloader Mode after an automatic reboot.
– The following command will finally unlock bootloader on your phone. Enter the command as:
fastboot oem unlock [onlock code]
And the bootloader has successfully been unlocked on your Huawei Honor 7X.
You may also read: Update Huawei P10 Lite with Official B191/B192 Android 7.0 Nougat