Recently Huawei has also taken part in the Oreo Beta Testing Club. In case you are unaware of the news, you can now update your Honor 8 Pro to Android Oreo Based EMUI 8.0. The OTA update is only for the devices that have been enrolled in Huawei’s Beta Program. They have placed a guide already to get the update on your Huawei Honor V9. If you want to get your hands on the beta version of the software, you will have to first root your phone. Only then will you be able to Install TWRP on V9 Running EMUI 8.0.
Rooting may sound to be a complicated task, but it really is easy and effective. Rooting your phone offers a lot of other advantages as well. It lets you install custom recovery and enjoy your phone to its full potential. In this article, we are going to teach you how to install TWRP and Root your Huawei Honor V9.
Warning: The first thing that you need t know is that once you root your phone you will lose its warranty. Also, there is a small amount of risk i.e. if something goes wrong you might end up with a brick phone and no warranty. So, if you want to proceed, we suggest you do at your own risk. Our blog is not to be held responsible in any way.
There are a couple of things that you need to do before you get down to the rooting process.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that you have Android Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 running on your Huawei Honor V9.
- It is imperative that you create a backup of your data, as you would not like to lose it all in case something goes wrong.
- You need to make sure that you have ADB and Fastboot on your PC already. You should install and set them up.
- Having the latest USB drivers of Huawei Honor V9 on your computer is another important step.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone in order to ensure smooth connectivity of your phone and your PC. To enable this mode, go to Settings. Developers Option.
Below are the files that you will have to download and install.
You may also read: Update Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK L09 Variant to Android 8.0 Oreo
How to Root and Install TWRP on Huawei Honor V9 Running EMUI 8.0, Android Oreo 8.0:
- You first need to download TWRP image file on your computer. After than rename it to recovery.img.
- Now place this file in the adb installation folder.
- Next, you need to turn off your phone.
- Now connect the PC to your phone via USB cable while you press the Volume Down key. Doing this will root the phone in fastboot Mode.
- Open adb command Window on your Computer and then type the command below in order to flash TWPR image on your phone.
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- After everything is done, you will be able to see the okay message displayed in the command window. Once you see this message, you need to disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Now reboot your phone into the recovery mode. It will reboot right into the TWRP Mode.
- To boot your phone, you need to press and hold the Volume Down button along with the Power Button. Once you see the Honor logo, you need to let go of the power button, but keep holding the Volume up button till you see the TWRP splash screen.
- Download both SR5-2.82 and AROMA-SuperSUConfig and transfer them to your mobile phone over the MTP connection.
- Now all there is left is to install the TWRP is to flash the Aroma file on your phone. Swipe to flash the zip file.
- After Aroma you need to flash the SR5-2.82 SuperSu.
- At the bottom you will see the reboot system option, tap on it and after the reboot, you will see SuperSu on your device.
You may also read: How to Install B399 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Huawei Honor 8