Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery is an amazing game, however, deleting and reinstalling the game is not that easy as it may sound. You need to know how to reset Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery Gam and this is exactly what we are going to teach you. In this article, we will talk about the tested way to reset Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery Game.
You are in the game, you have selected a wand for yourself along with the house. You even attended a couple of classes and learned a few spells, but you want to change things now. You no longer like the wand, nor do you like your House. So, what are you to do? Simple, you need to reset your game in order to get a new wand, a place in a different house and much more.
It may sound easy, but it is not. Several players find it almost impossible to reset the game. Even if you uninstall the game and clear its data as well, does not do the trick. Once you reinstall the game, you are again stuck with the same characters, wand, and house. Nonetheless, we did come up with a workaround for this particular problem.
How to Reset Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery Game
Method 1: Turn off your Wi-Fi
There is a simple and effective way to reset the game now. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
- You need to turn off your Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Then launch the game on your smartphone.
- Once you see the “Cannot Connect” message, you need to close the game.
- Turn back the Wi-Fi or the cellular data.
- Restart the game.
That is all, you will be able to change the wand, characters and other things in the game. However, is this method does not work for you, we have an alternative? You can try one of these two alternatives and hopefully, it will resolve the issue.
Method 2: Login your Facebook using one Device
- Launch the app on your phone.
- Tap on the gear icon, it is present on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the Settings, you need to search for the Account info and tap on it. Under Account, info tap on Help option.
- Now connect your Facebook account and quit the app.
- Log out of your Facebook account, delete the game and clear its cookies and cache.
- Log in Facebook and then head to its Settings Menu.
- Now tap on Apps and Websites option, it will be present on the left of your phone’s screen. Click on this option.
- You will have to find Hogwarts Mystery App under the Active apps and websites option.
- Now remove the app, but checking the Remove box option. It will ask you for the removal confirmation, press okay. Then delete all posts, videos, and photos. And again click on remove.
- Head back to Google Play Store or App Store, and reinstall Hogwarts Mystery game.
- Once the game is installed, you will be able to restart it from the very beginning.
Method 3: Log into your Facebook Account using Two devices
- Launch the game on the second device.
- Login the app using your Facebook account.
- Exit the game.
- Head back to the first device and then log into the Facebook account.
Doing this will override the settings of the first device, thus you will be able to successfully reset the game. That is all about how to Reset Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery Game. If you find an easier way do let us know as well.