In this article, we are going to explain How you can organize documents using favorites and tags in iOS 11. iOS 11 comes with a lot of enhanced and improved features. It has changed and made things efficient and effective. iOS 11 has made changes to a number of applications including the Files App. File App is said to be a powerful tool for managing your files on your iPhone or iPad. Although, we do agree that Files App is not as effective and powerful as macOS’s Finder application.
There are two features that could help you quickly organize your important files naming Tags and Favorites. This is really useful for using multiple cloud services. Efficient tagging is a powerful way that helps you track multiple file types from different sources and files.
You may also read: How to Save iPhone Space running iOS 11 operating system
You can create different tags for different projects. These tags can be really effective while traveling as they help you organize your files more effectively. If you tag multiple files for a single project, you can view only these files using the tag. Once you are done, simply delete the tag and you are good to go. Deleting or adding a tag is not going to affect the file structure.
How to Manage and Edit Tags in Files App
Follow the steps below to edit and manage the tags in Files App.
Step 1: Launch File App, tap on Browse tab. Then head back to the location screen if you are using an iPhone. If it is an iPad, you will see Tags in the sidebar.
Step 2: Swipe left on a Tag, and from the option select Delete to remove the Tag.
Step 3: To change the name, tap on Tag’s label under Edit option. You will find the Edit option at the top.
Step 4: Swipe the handle under the label name to rearrange the Tags.
You may also read: How to use the Document Scanner in Notes on iPad and iPhone running iOS 11
How to Add Tags to Documents
- To add a Tag to the file on iPad drag the file to the Tag in the sidebar.
- On both iPad and iPhone, you would have to tap and hold the file. Then from the contextual menu, select the Tags option. Here, you can either assign an already created tag, or you can create a new one.
- To add a Tag to an app, tap and hold the app. Choose the Share option and tap the +tag button.
- You can drag and drop files to tags on iPhone as well. Tap and hold a file, till it docked to your finger. Once this is done, head back to the locations screen using your other hand and drop the file on top of the desired Tag.
How to Create a New Tag
Step 1: Bring up the contextual menu by taping and holding the file.
Step 2: Choose Tags.
Step 3: Look for the Add New Tag button and tap on it.
Step 4: Write the name and select and color.
How to Add Folders to Favorites
- On iPad or iPhone tap and hold on a folder.
- Drag it to the locations screen for iPhone and on iPad to the sidebar.
- Once you are under the Favorites sections release the folder. Your folder will be added to your favorites.
- At the moment you can add folders to favorites, and not files.
- Swipe right to remove these folders from Favorites.
You may also read: How to Sign up for iCloud Storage Family Plan iOS 11
Use Files Apps as Your Cloud File System
File App cannot replace Dropbox app for you. You can use Dropbox app to sync files, while the rest can be done with Files App. You can use it to edit, save, organize, tag and manage files in an effective manner. For example, you can manage images in your Adobe Creative Cloud suite, text documents in Dropbox and spreadsheets in your Google Drive via one app, the Files App.