LineageOS is basically based on the latest Android update, it also comes packed with a number of new and amazing features. These features along with several new tweaks will further enhance and improve your phone experience. They will help your phone to run as smoothly as possible. To install LineageOS and Google Apps on your phone, you would recovery a custom recovery. So, we suggest that you download TWRP recovery on your Phone before you get on with the installation process.
It is very important that you have downloaded the USB drivers of Galaxy S6 G920F on your computer. Also, make sure that they are properly installed.
You may also read: Where to buy Galaxy S8 in the United States
- Another important thing to do is making a backup of your data. There is a possibility that you might have to swipe your phone, this will make you lose all your data. So, data that you want to save such as contacts, emails, SMS etc. should be backed up before the process.
- If you are having any sort of trouble connecting your Phone to your computer, you need to check whether the USB debugging mode is enabled or not. If it is not, you need to enable it.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked.
- Your phone should have a minimum 80-85% battery life.
- Most tutorials are basically for factory unlocked phone if your phone is carrier locked we suggest you do not try them. Not until unless we have mentioned the device model or carrier name.
- You need to perform a Dalvik Swipe when you enter the recovery mode during the installation process.
Complete Instructions How To Install Android 7.1.2 Lineageos Nougat Custom Firmware On Your Galaxy S6 G920F
- First thing first, you need to download Google Apps and Android 7.1.2 LineageOS ROM for your phone onto your system.
- To mount your phone’s memory, connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the files that you downloaded in the first step, and paste them directly onto your Phone’s memory. It is important to remember that these files should not be placed in any folder or subfolder.
- Switch off your phone and then disconnect it from your PC.
- Turn it back on and enter the recovery mode. To do so, you would have to press and hold the Power buttons along with the Home and Volume Up button.
- Perform the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option, once you enter the TWRP recovery mode.
- After this, you need to select the zip file that you copied in step 3 from the “Install” list located on the main menu. So, you need to go back there.
- Swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. Your installation process has started.
- One completed, perform step 7 and step 8 for Google apps.
- Then perform Dalvik cache swipe and restart your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F by selecting the “Reboot System” button. This might take a couple of minutes.
You may also read: How to download & install Flyme 6 ROM on Samsung device
Once your phone restarts again, you will be able to enjoy Android 7.1.2 LineageOS Nougat on your phone. To verify, go to Settings, from there to About phone and check for yourself. If you still face any problem, please do let us know.