Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL are amazing phones and offer outstanding features. The phones are a complete package. Although people have been satisfied with the phones until now, yet it seems that they are facing the Multi-touch issue after they update their phone. People who have Android Oreo running on their phones tend to face the Multi-touch issue. If you are among the users, you have come to the right place. We will tell you how to fix Google Pixel 2/2XL Multi-touch issue running Android Oreo 8.1.
Before we get down to the solution, you will have to root your phone. The methods are effective on rooted phones only. You will need the Magisk Module to resolve the issue. Usually, people complain that when they try to touch two areas of the screen at the same time, the touch becomes irregular. To counter the problem, Google did release two commits; however, these commits are not part of the April 2018 security patch. So, to cater the problem a senior developer, Freak07, from XDA came up with something that resolves the problem as it has those two commits.
So, without any further delay, we should get straight to the point. Below is the complete guideline on how to fix multi-touch Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2XL. These devices are running Android 8.1.
You may also read: Google Pixel 2 XL Problems and their Potential Solution
How to Fix Google Pixel 2/2XL Multi-Touch Issue Running Android Oreo 8.1
For this solution, it is imperative that you have Magisk. Therefore, you need to ensure that your phone is rooted using Magisk. Without it the solution is not going to work. So, if you haven’t rooted your device using Magisk, we suggest you do that before proceeding to the next step.
Make sure that you create a backup of your data. In case something goes wrong, you would not like to lose your data. Below is the complete guideline to Fix Google Pixel 2/2XL Multi-Touch Issue Running Android Oreo 8.1.
- The first step is to download Magisk. Below is the link to the required Magisk.
- Ensure that the file you download should be present on your phone’s storage.
- Next, access the Magisk Manager application. You will only see it if your phone is rooted using the
- Once you launch Magisk Manager, you need to access its settings. For that look for a three-line menu option. Click on it and then tap on Modules option.
- To add a module, press the + icon. A new window will open and you will have to go to the place where the filed that you downloaded in the first step is located.
- Choose the desired ZIP file and then hit the Open button from the Browse Window.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. After that simply reboot your device.
If you are hoping that Google will soon release a fix for Google Pixel 2/2XL Multi-Touch Issue Running Android Oreo 8.1 problem, we highly doubt it. We don’t see that Google releasing any such fix in the near future. Thus people who have rooted phones using Magisk can easily get resolve the problem. However, people with a non-rooted phone will simply have to live with it and wait until Google finally releases the fix for the problem. It might take some time, but there will be a fix.
That is it on how to Fix Google Pixel 2/2XL Multi-Touch Issue Running Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any query, we suggest that you let us know in the comment section. We will try to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
You may also read: How to Fix Google Pixel 2 Speaker Problem