Chrome is an outstanding app, most of us are a big fan of it. The app lets you see the world while you are sitting in the room. The app becomes more interesting when it is fast and efficient, but when it becomes low things get bad. It starts to irritate you and you might even start hating it. However, Chrome for Android can be brought back to its original speed and efficient.
Below are some effective tips that will speed up Chrome for Android.
You may also read: How to delete unwanted duplicate files in Android smartphones
Enable the Data Saver Mode To Speed up Chrome for Android
The speed of your Browser depends on two things, data connection, and hardware. Both of these things should be good in order for fast browsing. So, enabling data saver mode will receive compressed images making the entire browsing experience fast.
How to Enable Data Saver Mode
- Open Chrome, and then tap the menu button. It is present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under menu, select Settings and scroll down to find the Data Saver option.
- Once you find the Data Saver option, toggle on the option.
Speed up Chrome for Android by Killing Cache every now and then
Cache is to increase your browsing experience, as it saved certain data in local storage. This way when you visit the same website again, it loads quickly. However, too much of cache storage can lead to a number of problems. So, clearing cache time to time will enhance the browsing speed.
How to remove cache
- Go the Settings of your Android.
- There look for the Apps option.
- Finally scroll down and search for Chrome. Tap on the option.
- Now select the Storage option and finally tap on the Clear Cache option.
You may also read: How to use the newly redesigned Snapchat App
- Launch Chrome on your Android
- Then tap the menu button. It is the 3-dots that are present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- In Menu look for Settings and tap on it.
- Under Setting, you need to select the Site Settings option.
Speed up Chrome for Android by Enabling Prefetch Page Resouces
Prefetch is an option in which the website is pre-loaded before you even open them. The option is enabled only when you are using Wi-Fi. You can use this option even using a data connection, but it is a bad option when you have a tight data package.
How to Enable Prefect Page option
- Open Chrome on your phone, and then tap the menu button. The button is present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You then have to tap on Settings.
- Under Settings, you will see Privacy option.
- Now tab on Prefetch option and select the Always option.
Use Website Shortcuts to Speed up Chrome for Android
Using shortcuts can enhance the entire browsing experience. So, you should give it a try for websites that you visit very frequently.
How to create Chrome Shortcuts
- Launch Chrome on your phone.
- Enter the website URL that you visit very often.
- Now tap on the menu button present at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Look for the Add to Home screen option and tap on it.
- Name it and finally create the shortcut on your Home screen.
To Speed up Chrome for Android you need to Update your Chrome
Developers are working on ways to increase your browsing experience. They try to kill bugs and improve features. So, the best option is that you keep your Chrome always up to date.
You may also read: Android Secrets That You Didn’t Know will enhance Your Android Phone in 2018