If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy all the latest iOS 11.1 emojis on a jailbroken phone, you have come to the right place. We understand how important these emojis are for a conversation. They can add meaning, sarcasm and much over to your conversation. You would love using them in your conversation. We bring you a tutorial to install iOS 11.1’s Emoji on any of your iOS device as long as it is jailbroken.
The technique that we are going to use today to install iOS 11.1’s Emoji works well on iOS 5.1-10.2. However, there is a slight difference between the firmware. In this article, we will focus on iOS 10.0 to iOS 10.2.
You may also read: Convert your iPhone 5s into iPhone 7 in as cheap as $25
Prerequisites to install iOS 11.1’s Emoji:
Below are the things that you will be needing for this process
- Copy of iOS 11.1 beta 2/macOS 10.13.1 beta 2 emoji file.
- Poomsmart’s Cydia Repository
How to get the new install iOS 11.1’s Emoji onto Jailbroken device:
- The first step to install iOS 11.1’s Emoji is to launch Cydia and add this repo: https:/poomsmart.github.io/repo/
This hosts the package that you will need to allow your Jailbroken device to recognize the layout and the properties of the new emoji keyboard.
- If you have other emoji theming solutions such as EmojiFontManager, bytafont and Anemone on your phone, you need to get rid of them. Make sure that you revert to stock emoji before proceeding.
- Copy the emoji file and paste it to your device either via email, AirDrop, SSH and other means. The best way to go about this is to get the emoji file directly from Poomsmart.
- Now open Cydia again and install the following packages: Filza File Manager, EmojiLibrary, Emojiattributes, and EmojiPort (iOS 10).
- Move the emoji font file from step 3 into the device folder /System/Library/Fonts/Core.
- To create back up for reverting later, select the Create Zip option. You need to select the original font files in the folder, there will be either two or one files called AppleColorEmoji in the folder.
You may also read: How to unlock or bypass iCloud activation lock on your iPhone or iPad
- After the backup, delete the old emoji files for the new iOS 11.1 emoji files.
- Make sure that iOS 11.1 font file is in the folder. Unzip it and then move it out of the enclosing folder. Name this file the same as the original file you deleted. Make sure both names are the same.
- Now go to the messages app and enjoy the emojis!
How to go back to stock
Remove iOS 11.1 font file from /System/Library/Fonts/Core.
Unzip the original file from the backup.
After you unzip the original file, remove it from the backup.zip folder.
Remove the following packages from Cydia
- EmojiPort (iOS 10)
- EmojiPort (iOS 9.0-9.3)
That’s about it. You should have the latest iOS 11.1 Emojis on your jailbreak iOS device.
You may also read: How to Enable Theater Mode in Apple Watch